new affidavit of support forms?!?!

So, does this mean I have to re-do the I-864 form again or is it like the basic tax form 1040, where you can chose to do the 1040 or the 1040EZ?

In short, will I have to do the EZ form?

If any one can help out that would be great.

Side note: I think I'm going to have to do everything twice. 2 P4's, 2 I-864(ez) forms, and from the look of it, I'm sure my SO will have to interview twice as well. :D

Edited by change2marrow (see edit history)
So, does this mean I have to re-do the I-864 form again or is it like the basic tax form 1040, where you can chose to do the 1040 or the 1040EZ?

Side note: I think I'm going to have to do everything twice. 2 P4's, 2 I-864(ez) forms, and from the look of it, I'm sure my SO will have to interview twice as well.  :D

226587[/snapback]

If you have already submitted the old I-864, you do not need to (re)submit the new one. What the new rule means is that all AOS applications considered after the July date will use the newer criteria, regardless of what forms were submitted.

AFAIK, the new I-864 isn't yet available anyway. So don't sweat it. If you look at the link posted by the OP ( http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffair...pp_062106QA.pdf ) I think it covers all the basic questions.

Edited by Zingaro (see edit history)

Side note: I think I'm going to have to do everything twice. 2 P4's, 2 I-864(ez) forms, and from the look of it, I'm sure my SO will have to interview twice as well.  :roller:

226587[/snapback]

If you have already submitted the old I-864, you do not need to (re)submit the new one. What the new rule means is that all AOS applications considered after the July date will use the newer criteria, regardless of what forms were submitted.

AFAIK, the new I-864 isn't yet available anyway. So don't sweat it. If you look at the link posted by the OP ( http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffair...pp_062106QA.pdf ) I think it covers all the basic questions.

226599[/snapback]

I filed DCF, which requires my SO to submit the Affidavit of Support at the time of the interview.

Unfortunately, our interview will me some time in the year 2106. :whistling:

This means any submission of the old Affidavit of Support (I-684) won't be accepted. Am I right when I say this?

Let me know if I'm wrong about this.

Thanks for your help guys.

This means any submission of the old Affidavit of Support (I-684) won't be accepted. Am I right when I say this?

226652[/snapback]

USCIS is rolling out two 'more' I-864 forms than can be used, based on an individual case and applicability:

I-864 (original and still used)

I-864EZ (The EZ Affidavit of Support is a short form Affidavit of Support to be used by certain petitioning sponsors who rely only upon their own employment to meet the affidavit of support requirements.)

I-864W (This new form is specifically designed to standardize and make more efficient the process certain immigrants must follow to establish that they are not required to have an affidavit of support filed on their behalf.)

226652[/snapback]

USCIS is rolling out two 'more' I-864 forms than can be used, based on an individual case and applicability:

I-864 (original and still used)

I-864EZ (The EZ Affidavit of Support is a short form Affidavit of Support to be used by certain petitioning sponsors who rely only upon their own employment to meet the affidavit of support requirements.)

I-864W (This new form is specifically designed to standardize and make more efficient the process certain immigrants must follow to establish that they are not required to have an affidavit of support filed on their behalf.)

226660[/snapback]

Thank you David.

This helps out a lot.