P4 Packet and Interview Date Wait Time

Hi, mine is a CR-1 situation. My wife will get her fingerprint done on 6-23-06 in Guangzhou as told by the consulate. Can anyone with experience give me an idea how long after this before she gets her P4 packet and the interview date? I have waited 14 months already and it is driving me crazy.

Thank You!

Hi, mine is a CR-1 situation. My wife will get her fingerprint done on 6-23-06 in Guangzhou as told by the consulate. Can anyone with experience give me an idea how long after this before she gets her P4 packet and the interview date? I have waited 14 months already and it is driving me crazy.

Thank You!

226011[/snapback]

Welcome to CFL. You have found the place to hang around and people will share with you their own experience. Look at some of the links for newcomers. There is a lot of free stuff.

Getting fingerprints as requested by the consulate is not anything I have heard of... when one gets the interview date, there are biometrics done on the interview day. So maybe you can give us some more info about this request.

Also, you have to let us know where you are in the process, particularly relative to NVC. Are you complete with NVC or still sending papers back and forth? If your done with them, when was the file sent to the consulate or received by them? Is the name check completed yet?

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
Getting fingerprints as requested by the consulate is not anything I have heard of...  when one gets the interview date, there are biometrics done on the interview day.  So maybe you can give us some more info about this request.

Also, you have to let us know where you are in the process, particularly relative to NVC.  Are you complete with NVC or still sending papers back and forth?  If your done with them, when was the file sent to the consulate or received by them?  Is the name check completed yet?

226584[/snapback]

Hi David, my SO just came back from GZ last night. Before she went she told me the consulate called her and said she had to come and get finger prints taken. She had them done last Friday and she told me today that was it. I think it is just a background check to make sure she does not have any criminal record.

As for my status, on April 16th everything was sent to GZ and it has been over 2 months now. I just hope it won't be long. Because they called my SO for the finger print I am sure GZ has all her paperwork. Name check? I don't know what that is?

Thanks!

Still not clear as to the reason for the prints.. never heard this request.. we'll have to see if some trend is starting.

Here is a thread about calling DOS to get updates on your case:

How to call DOS?, I want to know when 2nd name check done

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11494

Just listen carefully to the menu options. I think it has changed from this comments...

You can ask them if the name check was started and if it is complete... this would be the only hold up on your case at this point.

----

The current average for CR1s is 5 months from NVC to P4, if no unusual delays occur. Someone pointed out the recent decline in cases sent to GUZ over the last few months, so I'm not sure if this could translate to some faster times in getting an interview or not...

YOu can see the current timelines here.. you'll see a few who were sent in March are waiting as well...

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17813

Still not clear as to the reason for the prints.. never heard this request.. we'll have to see if some trend is starting.

Just listen carefully to the menu options. I think it has changed from this comments...

You can ask them if the name check was started and if it is complete... this would be the only hold up on your case at this point. 

----

The current average for CR1s is 5 months from NVC to P4, if no unusual delays occur.  Someone pointed out the recent decline in cases sent to GUZ over the last few months, so I'm not sure if this could translate to some faster times in getting an interview or not...

YOu can see the current timelines here.. you'll see a few who were sent in March are waiting as well... 

226657[/snapback]

Thanks DavidZixuan. I called yesterday and the nice lady told me that our case is entered in the system and is in the name check process. I asked her about my SO finger print situation and she said most likely someone with a criminal record has the same name and US need the finger print to make sure it is different people.

With my luck I think my case will take longer than the norm. The finger print most likely will cause a delay. I will give it a month and call back to DOS. Hopefully I will get some better news.

----

The current average for CR1s is 5 months from NVC to P4, if no unusual delays occur.   Someone pointed out the recent decline in cases sent to GUZ over the last few months, so I'm not sure if this could translate to some faster times in getting an interview or not...

226657[/snapback]

Thanks DavidZixuan. I called yesterday and the nice lady told me that our case is entered in the system and is in the name check process. I asked her about my SO finger print situation and she said most likely someone with a criminal record has the same name and US need the finger print to make sure it is different people.

With my luck I think my case will take longer than the norm. The finger print most likely will cause a delay. I will give it a month and call back to DOS. Hopefully I will get some better news.

227814[/snapback]

I wish they would ask my fiance for a fingerprint.

But I guess that would make too much sence! :ph34r: :unsure: :rolleyes:

----

The current average for CR1s is 5 months from NVC to P4, if no unusual delays occur.  Someone pointed out the recent decline in cases sent to GUZ over the last few months, so I'm not sure if this could translate to some faster times in getting an interview or not...

226657[/snapback]

227814[/snapback]

Actually, the print will likely speed things up. It goes to a different place that is fairly efficient.

227876[/snapback]

I sure hope it will be faster. My SO asked the lady while she had her finger print what it was for and the lady said she does not know but that it was going to the US. With the snail mail they use I will have to give it at least a month before I call DOS and hope to hear some good news. I will cross my fingers that my case will take less time because of the finger print but my heart tells me differently.