Received reply from USCIS

I emailed USCIS a couple days ago to find out the status of my I-129F petition. I received the following reply today - for what it's worth.

"We have not processed any I-129F petitions as we were waiting for processing instructions, as a result of new legislation concerning these petitions. We have received the new guidelines and will be processing the petitions as quickly as possible to meet the new instructions. Please allow 45 days for this process to occur."

Guest pushbrk
I emailed USCIS a couple days ago to find out the status of my I-129F petition.  I received the following reply today - for what it's worth.

"We have not processed any I-129F petitions as we were waiting for processing instructions, as a result of new legislation concerning these petitions. We have received the new guidelines and will be processing the petitions as quickly as possible to meet the new instructions. Please allow 45 days for this process to occur."

225643[/snapback]

If I remember correctly, you specifically emailed CSC. Is that correct?

I emailed USCIS a couple days ago to find out the status of my I-129F petition.  I received the following reply today - for what it's worth.

225643[/snapback]

225644[/snapback]

yes CSC.. here's the thread with the email:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18712

225643[/snapback]

225644[/snapback]

Yes, I used the email address that David gave. I believe Miker32us came up with it. So we don't know if it will be another 45 days or they will have them processed within 45 days. That's anybody's guess.

The reply was from:

CAO

Division XII, Customer Service

Edited by RLS (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk

225643[/snapback]

225644[/snapback]

Yes, I used the email address that David gave. I believe Miker32us came up with it. So we don't know if it will be another 45 days or they will have them processed within 45 days. That's anybody's guess.

The reply was from:

CAO

Division XII, Customer Service

225656[/snapback]

Well, you have no way of knowing when your specific case will be sent the RFE, but we do know VSC was Johnny on the spot and sent one out that has been received in PA already.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18653

VJ is reporting that CSC will have all RFEs sent out by the end of this week...

225663[/snapback]

That certainly is good news. They probably gave the "45" day window just to give them some breathing room. They do need to breath, right? ;) And reading that question for the NOA supplement, (Pushbrk's link) it gets right back to whether or not we used a "Marriage Broker."

Edited by RLS (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
VJ is reporting that CSC will have all RFEs sent out by the end of this week...

225663[/snapback]

That certainly is good news. They probably gave the "45" day window just to give them some breathing room. They do need to breath, right? ;) And reading that question for the NOA supplement, (Pushbrk's link) it gets right back to whether or not we used a "Marriage Broker."

225672[/snapback]

Well, we always knew that question would be part of any RFE. All my zealous assertions that most dating sites were NOT IMB's was to help people avoid unnecessary delay due to giving the wrong answer. Some, however are going to have to answer "yes" and face further delays.