Let's bully the GUZ NOT!

Guest pushbrk

Guest pushbrk

Last week my wife asks if I remember her telling me about her friend that married a USC in late March, 2006, a few days before my second trip to China. Yes, Laopo.

Well, she goes to Guangzhou for personal interview next week.

I not think so, Laopo. Is too soon.

Well, she arrive Guangzhou Monday.

Ok, let me know what happens.

I asked about this last night. It turns out the USC, a retired military officer sent his "application" to the wife with a $1000. and told her to hand carry it to GUZ.

Short answer. Consulate does not accept his application. She returns home Thursday. Wife says, "USCxxx stupid".

The moral of the story is that we are quite blessed to have the ability and aptitude to use the internet, find CFL and get the support and information we need to get through this process.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
It turns out the USC, a retired military officer sent his "application" to the wife with a $1000. and told her to hand carry it to GUZ.

224619[/snapback]

The USC probably forgot to tell her to use one of the "expediters" who surely would have used his/her contacts to get the visa. :lol:

That is what they say, isn't it? :lol:

Guest pushbrk
It turns out the USC, a retired military officer sent his "application" to the wife with a $1000. and told her to hand carry it to GUZ.

224619[/snapback]

The USC probably forgot to tell her to use one of the "expediters" who surely would have used his/her contacts to get the visa. :lol:

That is what they say, isn't it? :lol:

224620[/snapback]

What she actually said was...

"The (USCXXX) sent the 1000 USD cash cheque to give him the wife, telling him the wife to go to consulate in Guangzhou to deliver an application to call on relatives the visa data immediately.The consulate doesn't receive his application.Thursday of his wife returns to Nanning from Guangzhou."

China is a country filled with 'short-cuts' and friends of friends that can help expedite anything you need. Therefore, they simply can't believe that somewhere in the US visa system someone can't cut in line or be expedited. Lao po tells me of someone that she's heard of that got special treatment about every 2 months. When I follow up it turns out that the deal was bogus or there were other circumstances/facts not mentioned in the original 'rumor'.

Last week my wife asks if I remember her telling me about her friend that married a USC in late March, 2006, a few days before my second trip to China.  Yes, Laopo. 

I not think so, Laopo.  Is too soon. 

I asked about this last night.  It turns out the USC, a retired military officer sent his "application" to the wife with a $1000. and told her to hand carry it to GUZ

Short answer.  Consulate does not accept his application.  She returns home Thursday. Wife says, "USCxxx stupid". 

The moral of the story is that we are quite blessed to have the ability and aptitude to use the internet, find CFL and get the support and information we need to get through this process.

224619[/snapback]

Sounds like good advive to me, how do you know it has not worked for others?

Edited by hakkamike (see edit history)
Last week my wife asks if I remember her telling me about her friend that married a USC in late March, 2006, a few days before my second trip to China.  Yes, Laopo. 

I not think so, Laopo.  Is too soon. 

I asked about this last night.  It turns out the USC, a retired military officer sent his "application" to the wife with a $1000. and told her to hand carry it to GUZ

Short answer.  Consulate does not accept his application.  She returns home Thursday. Wife says, "USCxxx stupid". 

224619[/snapback]

Reminds me of my trip to the GUZ for ACH. I get there and write up my questions. I make small talk with another guy, who has that "deer in the headlights" look to him, and I glance over his questions for GUZ... Well not questions per se, but something to the effect of "I really love my girlfriend, and I really really want her to get a visa. Please let me have one?"

Ambitious for a first visit, eh? Dunno where he is now, but I know he left with a blank 129F application in hand from the VO who printed it out for the guy...