Updated info. on I-129F K1 petitions.

This is the latest update from USCIS as of today, June 13, 2006.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffair...ra_061306pn.pdf

223862[/snapback]

I dunno how you get this info so quickly but this si the kind of stuff that is VERY IMPORTANT to many of our members!!

Good stuff--thanks

Trigg

223866[/snapback]

So right!

This info is very useful and up to date. My heart goes out to those of you caught up in this delay. It really reeks of the Black Hole days in that you can't really get a handle on how long all this is going to take. Hang in there folks.

223873[/snapback]

I think if it help or save one woman or one child from bodily harm , it is a good law :blink:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the latest update from USCIS as of today, June 13, 2006.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffair...ra_061306pn.pdf

223862[/snapback]

I dunno how you get this info so quickly but this si the kind of stuff that is VERY IMPORTANT to many of our members!!

Good stuff--thanks

Trigg

223866[/snapback]

So right!

This info is very useful and up to date. My heart goes out to those of you caught up in this delay. It really reeks of the Black Hole days in that you can't really get a handle on how long all this is going to take. Hang in there folks.

223873[/snapback]

I think if it help or save one woman or one child from bodily harm , it is a good law :blink:

224004[/snapback]

I don't think we are objecting to the law or its intentions. We just want them to act on it and send out the RFE's so we can get back on track.

Guest ShaQuaNew

This is one of the better breakdowns of the IMBRA law I've seen. It may already be out there, but even so, it's worth noting more than once....

Based on a very few unfortunate cases around the country of a foreign lady spouse who became a victim of domestic abuse, Congress passed a law to, understandably, offer some protection for these immigrant women. The law was passed as part of the passage of the Violence Against Women Act Reauthorization of 2005.

http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/nucleus/...p?itemid=2#more

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

randy's comment in another thread to watch VJ was a good idea..

There's lot's of chatter over there, but here is what appears to be happening:

- K3s report lots of touches, but no evidence of RFEs

- K1s report lots of touches and evidence of RFEs

- The Service Center must have the petition in hand to issue the RFE, so if it's being recalled, it will take longer to get the RFE (depending on where it is it will follow the same path backwards--Post>NVC>USCIS)

- VSC is already out of the gate with sending RFEs

- You will not get any notice that your file is moved from here to there, etc.. but you should be able to see online the status changed to "Sent RFE" if your getting one.

someone at VJ reported getting the RFE and described it:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18653

First its being called NOA-Supplement to I-129f

3 Questions

1.Did you meet your fiance or spouse through the services of an international marriage broker?

if so provide the name and where the international broker is located.

2.Have you ever been convicted by a court of law <civil or criminal> or court martialed by a military for any of the following crimes.

Domestic violence,sexual assult,child abuse and neglect,dating violence elder abuse and stalking

Homicide,murder,manslaughter,rape,abusivesexual contact,sexual exploration,incest torture etc etc

Three or more convictions for crimes to a controlled substance or alcohol not arising from a single act.

3. If you provided information of any of these listed

was it self acting in self defence

violated a protection order

or I commited,was arrested for, was convicted of of or plead guilty to committing a crime that did not result in serious bodily injury, etc

And thats about it....

It does say that we only have 12 weeks to submitt and if not submitted extensions are not excepted.

Also it will take up to 14 days to process this form.

If you have any of the convicted it is up to you to supply certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for all convictions (This is required even if your recored have been sealed or otherwise cleared or if anyone, including a judge, law enforcement officer or attorney told you that you no longer have a record!!! 

FYIVJ reports an NSC xfer to CSC got their RFE...    B)

-- added:  TSC xfer to CSC got their RFE...

227816[/snapback]

I just recieved another notice of action ( I-797C )My receipt date from vermont is april 7 2006. I have a notice date of June 27,2006. This is for my I 129-f. "After review we have reopened the above application or petition or reconsidered the decision previously issued. You will receive a notice under separate cover once all action has been completed" Vermont Service Center

I received this email today, but nothing in the mail has come to the house yet. Sounds like it should show up this week though.

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On June 23, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 30 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

• 3 weeks later...