How to write a co-sponsor letter

I can't seem to locate anything saying you need to write a letter concerning why you are a joint sponsor.

It appears to only be a matter of providing the I-134 or I-864 depending on the case listing the beneficiary. Here is an FAQ concerning the Affidavit of Support and it discusses the requirements of a joint-sponsor.

Fact Sheet - AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT, Form I-864

223803[/snapback]

I Had a similar question if I use a co sponsor would the so not have to so some proof of relation to the co sponsor or a letter of approval or some thing just as the petioner has to do in writing a letter stating they will marry and invite the benificary ..... some thing to show they have knowledge of this person and as well the SO it seems would have to know at least some thing of the co sponsor .... would like to know of this to

Guest pushbrk
I can't seem to locate anything saying you need to write a letter concerning why you are a joint sponsor.

It appears to only be a matter of providing the I-134 or I-864 depending on the case listing the beneficiary. Here is an FAQ concerning the Affidavit of Support and it discusses the requirements of a joint-sponsor.

223803[/snapback]

According to USCONGUZ, the I-134 is one way a K visa sponsor can satisfy the no public charge issue. An affidavit of support is another option. I don't know if a co sponsor can use the I-134.

For a CR1 or IR1 visa, the I-864 is used by both primary and co sponsor.

You don't say what kind of visa application but, if you are to send this document to "the visa center" meaning NVC in Portsmouth NH, then you are probably not dealing with a K visa. In which case you simply execute an I-864 and let the petitioner submit it to NVC.

223803[/snapback]

I Had a similar question if I use a co sponsor would the so not have to so some proof of relation to the co sponsor or a letter of approval or some thing just as the petioner has to do in writing a letter stating they will marry and invite the benificary ..... some thing to show they have knowledge of this person and as well the SO it seems would have to know at least some thing of the co sponsor .... would like to know of this to

223830[/snapback]

I don't see anything showing the need for a letter of explanation, this form is used many types of visas. Basically the USCIS doesn't really care why you submitted the notarized Affidavit, they just want to know who will pay if needed.

Now the VO may ask concerning the relationship of the joint-sponsor and this might be addressed by the petitioner talking to their SO and possibly writing a simple letter of introduction of their joint sponsor.