Well Min and her daughter had there interview today...

WOuld be nice to tell you all it went smooth, but this is the Dept of Homesick Security were talking of... Murphy's Law always applies..

We had been waiting so patiently since early Oct for an interview.

We finally got interview date in mid May... no reason for delay, no RFE, no name check delays.. They had Bio in early Nov and FBI name check was back and ok in early Dec.

The interview was a joke... we had an interview time of 12...and we weren't called until 3:30... whats the use of having a time at all... if they aren't going to keep a timely schedule.. that aside was the most pleasant part of the interview..

The interviewer ask for all the documents.. I gave them all to her one at a time as she askeed for them.. she didn't need copies as she said she already had them, just wanted to check that we had the originals... then she said we needed I-693 for Min... I told her it was done in GUZ..she said, oh so it was!!! Then after checking all the documents and swearing both Min and her daughter in... and asking them the obvious Q's, she said we only had one problem... Min was designated a class B medical risk, so she needs to get another physical here in US before she can approve her... this was becuase of a broken arm she had when she was 7 years old... how absurd, what kind of a medical risk is she to the USA with a broken arm?. and to boot she was cleared at GUZ oh brother... then she proceed to tell me that a new procedure was required for all K-1ers Adjusting Status and that I needed to file a I-130 petition for alien relative... WHAT!!! I was really taken back... I almost came out of my chair.... but I remained calm... she said I only have to pay the filing fee ($190) and the adjustment is immediate. I told her this was not standard procedure when I filed AOS in October 2006. Min came to US in July 2006(K-1) and we married in July 2006, and filed AOS in Oct 2006. She then said she need to look more into the I-130 filing as this was relatively new procedure... but she would waive it for us...if we can get medical done and have results return in person to the Boston office by this Friday. The whole thing stinks if you ask me... Anyway we were able to find a civil surgeon to do her physical tomorrow morning.... hope they can get results quickly so we can hand carry this document to the interviewing officer tomorrow..

Anyone else here hear of this new procedure for K1 visa's???

I have checked the UCIS website and see nothing of this new procedure... Also how long does it take to get results of the Physical from the Civil Surgeon?

Anways hopefully we can get this all behind us this week... and move into another waiting phase (Removal of Temporary Conditions)...

Well Min and her daughter had there interview today...

WOuld be nice to tell you all it went smooth, but this is the Dept of Homesick Security were talking of... Murphy's Law always applies..

We had been waiting so patiently since early Oct for an interview.

We finally got interview date in mid May... no reason for delay, no RFE, no name check delays.. They had Bio in early Nov and FBI name check was back and ok in early Dec.

The interview was a joke... we had an interview time of 12...and we weren't called until 3:30... whats the use of having a time at all... if they aren't going to keep a timely schedule.. that aside was the most pleasant part of the interview..

The interviewer ask for all the documents.. I gave them all to her one at a time as she askeed for them.. she didn't need copies as she said she already had them, just wanted to check that we had the originals... then she said we needed I-693 for Min... I told her it was done in GUZ..she said, oh so it was!!! Then after checking all the documents and swearing both Min and her daughter in... and asking them the obvious Q's, she said we only had one problem... Min was designated a class B medical risk, so she needs to get another physical here in US before she can approve her... this was becuase of a broken arm she had when she was 7 years old... how absurd, what kind of a medical risk is she to the USA with a broken arm?. and to boot she was cleared at GUZ oh brother... then she proceed to tell me that a new procedure was required for all K-1ers Adjusting Status and that I needed to file a I-130 petition for alien relative... WHAT!!! I was really taken back... I almost came out of my chair.... but I remained calm...  she said I only have to pay the filing fee ($190) and the adjustment is immediate. I told her this was not standard procedure when I filed AOS in October 2006. Min came to US in July 2006(K-1) and we married in July 2006, and filed AOS in Oct 2006. She then said she need to look more into the I-130 filing as this was relatively new procedure... but she would waive it for us...if we can get medical done and have results return in person to the Boston office by this Friday. The whole thing stinks if you ask me...  Anyway we were able to find a civil surgeon to do her physical tomorrow morning.... hope they can get results quickly so we can hand carry this document to the interviewing officer tomorrow..

Anyone else here hear of this new procedure for K1 visa's???

I have checked the UCIS website and see nothing of this new procedure... Also how long does it take to get results of the Physical from the Civil Surgeon?

Anways hopefully we can get this all behind us this week... and move into another waiting phase (Removal of Temporary Conditions)...

223665[/snapback]

I have never heard of this; however, the physician will give you the results immediately in a sealed envelope. Just take that back and then everything should be ok.

Maybe we should change the name of USCIS to I-R-S or Incompetence Reigns Supreme. It sounds like the IO was confusing K-3 with K-1. I haven't heard of having to file a I-130 to adjust off of a K-1.

Like the others have said, I guess just get them the physical and be done with it. Good luck.

Never, ever heard of having to file an I-130 to adjust status of K1. Something isn't right here. I agree about talking to a supervisor although, when we did that in Memphis, it turns out the supervisor was less informed than the original VO. She kept trying to tell us we lived in Alabama and needed to go to Atlanta. We were somewhat offended that this lady didn't even give us credit for having the intelligence to know what state we lived in.

Good luck with this. Give them the physical and keep moving. :roller:

Update....

We ere able to contact a civil surgeon in the Boston area..on short notice... He saw Min on Tuesday. He said that the IO was wrong sending Min to him for another physical... He said a Class B medical condition is obvoisly physical defect...like paraplegic, quadriplegic, spinabifida...etc and that a Class A Medical condition is HIV, STD, etc.. and she had tested negative for these in China...

He said spoke to the IO's supervisor and learned that she was an Interviewer in training, luck of the draw... cost us $250 for medical and 3 days lost work for Min... I took PTO...

When I spoke to the Supervising Officer yesterday... he said our case would be approved... but he couldn't do it then cuase our file had been misplaced... apparently the Interviwer took it with her and she was not in the office yesterday. He also said that she was wrong for suggesting I fill out an I-130, as Min was a K-1. He apologized and said he would call us when Min was approved... in the mean time... they took her entry permit, her work authorization card... and we wait in limbo...

Is this one messed up organization or what...

I think this is whyb we are still waitingnon our green card and welcome letter , we wereapproved and got our stamp in October 2005, when Yan gets home back to Tampa for answers, sent paperwork to the Missouri Service Center and have not heard a thing yet, and before that sent a letter to Tampa , with no answer, love the lazy idiots

Lo and Behold GC is on it way... Miracles never cease to amaze me...

Checked the USCIS website last night and the message that has been displayed since last Nov (after Biometrics were completed) finally changed... In a nutshell it said

"On June 16, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case"

sure was a little bit of a fight there at the end... but the fruits of our labor is sweet :-)

Good Luck, Best Wishes, and Happy Trails to all those that followed and will follow in our footsteps...

Thanks All !!!