I forgot the website

My wife just got the letter from Guangzhou Consulate. She told me she had to bring in my the tax returns to the interview. How can I get them from the web?

Thanks

223512[/snapback]

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html

As far as I know you can't download them from the web. You can however download a PDF form to mail in for transcripts.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
My wife just got the letter from Guangzhou Consulate. She told me she had to bring in my the tax returns to the interview. How can I get them from the web?

Thanks

223512[/snapback]

You can order tax transcripts by phone, fax or mail. Mailing both ways takes a few extra days and then you still need to get them to China. I ordered mine by phone and had them in hand in about 10 days.

Go here for info.

http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

The tax returns are supporting information for either an I-134 (K visas) or I-864 (CR1 visa). You'll want to make sure to provide whichever of those is appropriate as well.

Thanks

223512[/snapback]

Is it standard for the embassy performing the interview to ask the immigrant applicant to bring in the petitioner's tax returns? I thought these were sent into NVC for the I-864 proof. I have always kept copies of mine and can send them to my wife for her interview if needed. I was just wondering....

Guest pushbrk

Thanks

223512[/snapback]

Is it standard for the embassy performing the interview to ask the immigrant applicant to bring in the petitioner's tax returns? I thought these were sent into NVC for the I-864 proof. I have always kept copies of mine and can send them to my wife for her interview if needed. I was just wondering....

223566[/snapback]

I-864 is for CR1 and is sent to NVC. Since you also filed for K3, assuming it wins the race, you'll need tax information again for the I-134 that will be requested as part of the P3 package she will receive from Taipei.

K visas use the I-134.

Guest pushbrk
Thanks!

I have kept my tax returns this year but I don't have the previous years.

How can I get my previous years tax returns online?

223635[/snapback]

You can't. You can do what has been suggested above. You can order and pay for copies or request transcripts by phone, fax or mail.

Guest pushbrk
Thanks.

How to write a co-sponsor letter? Does anyone have ideas?

223774[/snapback]

The co-sponsor provides an I-864 affidavit of support. A letter isn't needed.