Still very confused

Well I am back. Many telephone calls later to DOS. The only new information I have received from DOS is that the last correspondence entered in the computer from my wife was on May 9. I can only assume that this the receipt of the package 3. My wife mailed it back to GUZ on 4/29. I only obtained this information last week. Why does it take so long to tell you something if it happened on May 9. No namecheck information or anything else. They say going through "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING". What does that mean? Am I getting close to getting my wife to the USA? I don't have a clue? I talk to her everyday twice a day and she seems not worried a bit. She says, "we will be together soon do not worry." Well I do worry that's my job to worry and would like answers or something. :lol:

Edited by Lowen/Zhang (see edit history)
Well I am back. Many telephone calls later to DOS. The only new information I have received from DOS is that the last correspondence entered in the computer from my wife was on May 9. I can only assume that this the receipt of the package 3. My wife mailed it back to GUZ on 4/29. I only obtained this information last week. Why does it take so long to tell you something if it happened on May 9. No namecheck information or anything else. They say going through "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING". What does that mean? Am I getting close to getting my wife to the USA? I don't have a clue? I talk to her everyday twice a day and she seems not worried a bit. She says, "we will be together soon do not worry." Well I do worry that's my job to worry and would like answers or something.  :lol:

223438[/snapback]

Sounds to me your case is in the "name check" process. Nothing you can do except call DOS for the status and sit back and wait.

Here it is from the horse's mouth:

"Adminsistrative processing" is more or less a catch all phrase we can use for many things.

Sincerely,

IV Unit, US Consulate, Guangzhou, China

193939[/snapback]

It could almost anything.. verifying information, security check, etc... and it could be days or months...

I'd continue to call DOS... state your situation of always getting no info.. see if someone will eventually tell you what it is. My opinion is that usually the issue is documented somewhere, if someone will take the time to dig for it.

Yes and mine will be a great one for them. Her Mother's family name is the same as her ex, BUT NOT RELATED. Her Mother's Mother's family name is the same as her Father's BUT NOT RELATED. And both Father's parents had the same Family name, BUT NOT RELATED. There are also 5 people currently in the USA that have the same exact name family and given as my wife's. Does that make sense? LOL I don't know.

Your timeline is faster than average from Submission to P3...

Your asking for a status at the very point where it is sometimes hardest to get any (ie: you have to call DOS to find out what GUZ is doing). You need to let it get through whatever it's doing and get to a point where it is updated on the computer.

You shouldn't be worrying till you are way,way over average... you will find it more difficult if you want to micro-manage this process.. particularly at this stage.

I'd suggest you give it a break and call DOS again in two weeks...

Your timeline is faster than average from Submission to P3...

Your asking for a status at the very point where it is sometimes hardest to get any (ie: you have to call DOS to find out what GUZ is doing).  You need to let it get through whatever it's doing and get to a point where it is updated on the computer.

You shouldn't be worrying till you are way,way over average...  you will find it more difficult if you want to micro-manage this process.. particularly at this stage.

I'd suggest you give it a break and call DOS again in two weeks...

223469[/snapback]

David are you saying I shouldn't be calling DOS every 15min? :cheering:

I really do try not to call but curiousity gets the best of me. I can say though I usually call only twice a week, at the beginning and the end. I call GUZ in between with the pre-paid PIN. That is a joke! All they ever say is "my PIN is correct my case is actice". I know that part.