I-129F vs I-130 approval

Ok now I am completely stumped. I submitted my I-130 in Feb/06 to TSC and it was forwarded to CalSC and the I-129F March 13/06 to Chicago and was expecting the I-129F to be approved today. I had estimated based on the processing dates today would be the day my I-129f would be reviewed but the e-mail notice I just received indicates the I-130 has been approved. How can this be? I am hoping this is not a typo!!! I have not received any notificaiton that my I-129f was sent to Calif Service Center where my I-130 is waiting for processing.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number:

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On June 8, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Ok now I am completely stumped.  I submitted my I-130 in Feb/06 to TSC and it was forwarded to CalSC and the I-129F March 13/06 to Chicago and was expecting the I-129F to be approved today. I had estimated based on the processing dates today would be the day my I-129f would be reviewed but the e-mail notice I just received indicates the I-130 has been approved. How can this be? I am hoping this is not a typo!!! I have not received any notificaiton that my I-129f was sent to Calif Service Center where my I-130 is waiting for processing.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number:

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: 

This case has been approved. On June 8, 2006, an approval notice was mailed.  If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

222974[/snapback]

Your I-130 has been approved. You've been told repeatedly that there is no reliable way to predict the date of a petition's approval. Perhaps now this event will get your attention.

My I-130 was approved 5 days after my I-129F. I consider this a coincidence, not a prediction of what will happen with other petitions. Both petitions were approve far sooner than your predition method would have told you.

Each petition, whether I-130 or I-129 is reviewed multiple times on multiple days. Your predictions are based on incorrect assumptions. I don't know how to state this more clearly for you.

We (CFL) have seen ZERO K visa related petitions approved, that were received by USCIS after March 5, 2006. Actually my own, submitted in January was the most recent one reported here as approved.

222978[/snapback]

I certainly wasnt complaining, I just could not figure out why the I-130 leapfrogged the I-129f. Lets be positive here!!!

The approval is good news...

When your CR1 gets to NVC.. this is one of the few places a CR1 has some control over how fast they can get through this section..  some have done it in as little as two months and some take 6 months...

222985[/snapback]

David,

Since my wife is Taiwanese and Taiwan is not one of the countries with a visa quota will this have any bearing on the NVC processing time? I do not understand this process of issuing a visa to someone from a country with quotas and someone to a country w/o quotas.

Mike

What is the quota system?

http://www.kkeane.com/quota-faq.shtml

What is the Quota System?

The quota system is designed to ensure that only a certain number of non-citizens become legal permanent residents (that is, get a Green Card) every year.

What are the categories?

The categories group candidates for permanent residency by the reason they would immigrate (that is, by who sponsors them).

There are three broad groups: immediate relatives, family-based immigrants and employment-based immigrants. In addition, there are special quota systems for other purposes that are not covered here, such as the DV lottery, asylum quotas and quotas for Green Cards through cancellation of removal.

Immediate relatives can always receive a Green Card without any numeric limitation. To qualify, you have to be either the spouse or unmarried minor child (under 21) of a US citizen, or you have to be a parent of a US citizen, AND the US citizen child must be 21 years or older.

Family-based immigration categories have a limit of 226,000 annually.

Family 1st: unmarried sons and daughters of US citizens, any age. Since minor unmarried sons and daughters are immediate relatives, this in practice only applies to adults. The number is limited to 23,400.

Family 2nd: dependents of Green Card holders. This group is further subdivided into Family 2A (spouses and minor children) and Family 2B ( unmarried adult children). The number is limited to 114,200 (but this limit can be broken in certain cases). Of this number, 77% goes to Family 2A and 23% goes to Family 2B. In addition, Family 2A is partially exempt from the per-country quota.

Family 3rd: married sons and daughters of US citizens, any age. Note that there is no corresponding category for Green Card holders! The limit is 23,400

Family 4th: brothers and sisters of US citizens. The limit is 65,000.

That's good news on the I-130.  Assuming you can get through NVC with a minimum of hassle, I'll hazard a guess that AIT is faster than Guangzhou.  Good luck.

223011[/snapback]

Members are encouraged to go to the USCIS Case Status website:

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/NBCprocesstimes.jsp?

to track the processing dates for I-130 or I-129 submissions. Those sites clearly show that packages received on a certain date are scheduled to be processed at a certain future date. I was basing my assumption that my I-129F would be processed today on the fact that I-129F packages received March 5, 2006 were scheduled to be processed on May 22, 2006. So it seems logical that packages received 2 weeks later would be processed 2 weeks from May 22....And it was!!!

The fact that my I-130 was processed on this date and not my I-129F led me to believe my I-129F had been forwarded to California where my I-130 has been sitting since March.

No one really knows do they?

Some people here tend to be a lot more negative than others but that is just the general nature of people anyhow.

Guest pushbrk
That's good news on the I-130.?Assuming you can get through NVC with a minimum of hassle, I'll hazard a guess that AIT is faster than Guangzhou.?Good luck.

223011[/snapback]

Members are encouraged to go to the USCIS Case Status website:

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/NBCprocesstimes.jsp?

to track the processing dates for I-130 or I-129 submissions. Those sites clearly show that packages received on a certain date are scheduled to be processed at a certain future date. I was basing my assumption that my I-129F would be processed today on the fact that I-129F packages received March 5, 2006 were scheduled to be processed on May 22, 2006. So it seems logical that packages received 2 weeks later would be processed 2 weeks from May 22....And it was!!!

The fact that my I-130 was processed on this date and not my I-129F led me to believe my I-129F had been forwarded to California where my I-130 has been sitting since March.

No one really knows do they?

Some people here tend to be a lot more negative than others but that is just the general nature of people anyhow.

223015[/snapback]

It always feels good to be encouraged by posted responses. You should be encouraged. Your CR1 petition is approved and proceeding to NVC. You are in a much better position than any unmarried petitioner who filed their I-129F near the time you did.

I apologize if you think I'm being negative. I am attempting to convey important information to you in a manner you will understand and that will get your attention. The longer you persist in believing something that is not true, the more opportunity you have to make mistakes or suffer unnecessary dissappointment due to having improper expectations.

Yes, we actually do know some things here. One of the things we know is that ALL 129F petitions for "already married" are processed at the National Benefits Center and have been for quite some time. We also know that no CFL members have reported Approval of a K3 related petition received in Chicago after March 5.

There are MORE things we/I know. I know that MY I129F petition for K3 was approved two months before your prediction method would have indicated. We also know that K3 petition approvals and processing occur in multiple steps that occur on multiple days. It is not a process of simply waiting your turn, petition gets looked at and approved on same day, as your description indicates.

In is my personal philosophy, that people benefit from appropriate expectations. When people are seeking help and advice, I think we do them a disservice to allow them to continue down the road with the wrong expectations. If my words now or earlier seem harsh to you, I assure you my intention is to get your attention sufficiently for your to recognize you are proceeding based on incorrect expectations.

Now that your CR1 petition is on its way to NVC, you can probably benefit from the procedures you'll see here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117

With the current circumstances, I wouldn't be surprised if your CR1 petition gets to Taiwan before your K3 petition does. This is generally a GOOD thing. If I were in your shoes I would be feeling VERY positive right now. I would also be very grateful for whatever and whomever influenced my decision to get married in China instead of filing for a K1 fiance visa. (Hindsight, of course) :blink:

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)