question about interview of changing status

For the AOS bring the documents requested such as proof of the relationship, marriage documentation, passports, affidavit of support, income tax returns for 3 years, etc. Did you get notice of the interview? It tells you exactly what to bring.

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_FAQ_AOS_Final1.htm

Q. What should be brought to the AOS interview?

A.

They sent us notice of AOS interview and the form letter said to bring the I-864 and birth certs and marriage certs and W2s and tax returnes etc etc etc. I called UCIS and asked them if this was correct that i have to bring all the things to Memphis for the I-485 interview that I had jsut sent to Memphis for the I-485 interview-yup I do.

A.

I brought all that stuff to my AOS interview and the lady asked me what I brought it for. They only wonted to see me drivers license.

A.

Another statement on the AOS interview appointment letter

"...You must also provide: Evidence the marriage was entered in good faith."

Examples they list:

1) Rental agreements

2) Mortgage agreements

3) Joint bank accounts

4) Proof of joint property ownership

5) Health Insurance

6) Birth certificates of children

7) Utility bills

A.

Here's what we prepared for the interview:

- Updated I-864

- Copy of submitted I-485

- All fingerprints and medical exam requests and responses

- 3 year tax transcript

- Employment letter

- Pay stubs

- Copy of all EAD documents

- Birth Certificate of our baby son

- Copy of life, home, and auto insurance policies

- Loans and bank statements

- Pictures of our wedding, reception, baby shower, trips, and other family stuff

A.

Well we went into our AOS interview today, I thought well prepared, I had 3 copies of everything from the AOS list here and on the USCIS website and I had it all in a nice clear envelope with each item paper clipped together. Well I go to the window and the women there takes opens it shuffles through a little bit of it hands it back to me with a "DORA" list and asks me to organize it in order with the list, Ok not a problem I can do that.

List:

I-485, Application to Adjust Status

I-485A, Supplement (if applicable)

Birth certificate of beneficiary + translation into English (if applicable)

G-325, Biographic Information, for beneficiary

Beneficiary proof of entry

I-864, Affidavit of Support

2003, 2002, 2001 income tax returns for petitioner + W2 statements, Current letter of employment for petitioner or 3 recent pay stubs

Medical envelope containing (I-693 and I-693A

I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, or I-130 Approval Notice or Receipt

Marriage Certificate (if applicable)

Copy of Petitioner's Passport, Naturalization certificate,alien resident card and/or birth certificate

G-325,Biographic Information, for Petitioner

Evidence of commingling of assets of Petitioner and beneficiary (if appropriate). Such documents include birth certificates of children, lease agreements, proof of insurance, bank statements, and mortgage documents.