My Ex-wife's last name was Yang. My new SO last name is Yang... they are not related and grew up in different parts of the country. The ex in Louyang and the current in Beihai, Southern China.

In your opinion, do you think this will matter in the process?

I didn't want this idea to get confused with the other post, but that post made me think about it more.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

I guess I wouldn't worry about it in the sense of worry.. but in the sense of 'what can I do to ensure the information we provide is as accurate as possible'.

Because chinese names, like yang, can be a variety of characters, it makes it tougher to rely on the pinyin... although the petitions ask for the native language name, it behooves one to make sure this is very clear (IMO)... too bad they don't ask for the telegraphic code for asian characters earlier in the process..

Guest pushbrk
My Ex-wife's last name was Yang.  My new SO last name is Yang... they are not related and grew up in different parts of the country. The ex in Louyang and the current in Beihai,  Southern China.

In your opinion, do you think this will matter in the process?

I didn't want this idea to get confused with the other post, but that post made me think about it more.

222726[/snapback]

Both women have two or three character names. Not all the characters will be the same. Their birthdates, birthplaces and family information will also be different.

If the common will probably just as much problem this time as it was the first time. Was it a problem the first time?