A Suggestion For Those Early In Process

A few weeks ago, I was looking back through some of the photos that Li and I have together since the beginning of our relationship. Then, an idea struck me that may be useful for those of you early in the process. It may sound a little weird and unnecessary, but then, keep in mind this whole process is a little weird.

Li and I had been together for four years before the interview for her visa. We had stacks and stacks of photos to choose from. We chose photos from the duration of our relationship. In the earliest photos, Li had very short hair. In subsequent photos, it got longer and longer and I was in each photo. There was even one she took to the interview when she had put curl in her hair.

I think this may show that the relationship is indeed long term. So, if you have been together for awhile and have photos from different years, and the SO has various lengths of hair, maybe include them. It couldn't hurt.

Really, I think it may have helped us in some small way.

A few weeks ago, I was looking back through some of the photos that Li and I have together since the beginning of our relationship. Then, an idea struck me that may be useful for those of you early in the process. It may sound a little weird and unnecessary, but then, keep in mind this whole process is a little weird.

Li and I had been together for four years before the interview for her visa. We had stacks and stacks of photos to choose from. We chose photos from the duration of our relationship. In the earliest photos, Li had very short hair. In subsequent photos, it got longer and longer and I was in each photo. There was even one she took to the interview when she had put curl in her hair.

I think this may show that the relationship is indeed long term. So, if you have been together for awhile and have photos from different years, and the SO has various lengths of hair, maybe include them. It couldn't hurt.

222675[/snapback]

Good idea, thing is, by the end of this process some of us may not have any hair left :D

222675[/snapback]

Good idea, thing is, by the end of this process some of us may not have any hair left :D

222680[/snapback]

So that's what happened to my hair! :D :huh:

Guest YOu&Me

How about if wife was able to come to the usa 1st and even have pictures of her with my(our) family, also pictures of me in china with her(my) family..Thats a good plus on VO day isn't it?..Knowing she came her and married then went back?..Her interview is soon we trying cover all possiblities..We have been reading about all the "how you meet" letters and might need to have..

How about if wife was able to come to the usa 1st and even have pictures of her with my(our) family, also pictures of me in china with her(my) family..Thats a good plus on VO day isn't it?..Knowing she came her and married then went back?..Her interview is soon we trying cover all possiblities..We have been reading about all the "how you meet" letters and might need to have..

222697[/snapback]

Most excellent. :D

222697[/snapback]

Great idea!

Another idea for your SO: when she has the interview, there is a counter at the interview window and there is enough space to put her evidence book and other items. Something Jie did, is pasted a couple of photos on the evidence book and put the book on the counter with the photos in eyesight of the VO. If she has your passport, she can put her red chinese passport with your black passport on the counter too. That shows that you are either there, or that you trust her with it.

They key is to have two or three items visible that the VO can see without asking. Even a keychain with your name on it, or something else that hints at the relationship.

222675[/snapback]

Good idea. But if Salina was born prior to your interview, then it would be better. :roller:

222675[/snapback]

Good idea. But if Salina was born prior to your interview, then it would be better. :)

222821[/snapback]

that is what happens to my husband's hair. he said he would not have his hair cut until we move together. it has been over 15 months since we bagan the visa application. my husband's hair is longer than mine. i am afraid he was going to be a girl if it still takes time for us to get the visa :)

222675[/snapback]

Good idea. But if Salina was born prior to your interview, then it would be better. :)

222821[/snapback]

Good point, Tony!

She was born before our AOS interview and I think it helped considerably. We took her to the interview and the officer fell in love with her. She was about seven months old at the time.