NAME CHECK QUESTION

Hello to all this maybe covered some where.But just a little confused about it .I know the NVC does a name check and i am under the impression the consulate does to .But when do they start it and is it the same as the name check of the NVC and if it is then why do anouther one.I guess I am asking does it start when they put it in the computer or after the packet 3 returns and do they do them in all situations and if the name check from the NVC took about 2 or 3 weeks should i expect the same time from the consulate .I guess i said the same thing more than once :)

Guest pushbrk
Hello to all this maybe covered some where.But just a little confused about it .I know the NVC does a name check and i am under the impression the consulate does to .But when do they start it and is it the same as the name check of the NVC and if it is then why do anouther one.I guess I am asking does it start when they put it in the computer or after the packet 3 returns and do they do them in all situations and if the name check from the NVC  took about 2 or 3 weeks should i expect the same time from the consulate .I guess i said the same thing more than once  :)

221991[/snapback]

USCIS does the first Name Check before NOA2. K visas do not normally have a third name check initiated by the Consulate. The second name check is initiated at NVC, and in many cases in complete before the case goes to GUZ.

USCONGUZ has addressed this recently.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18052

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
Hello to all this maybe covered some where.But just a little confused about it .I know the NVC does a name check and i am under the impression the consulate does to .But when do they start it and is it the same as the name check of the NVC and if it is then why do anouther one.I guess I am asking does it start when they put it in the computer or after the packet 3 returns and do they do them in all situations and if the name check from the NVC  took about 2 or 3 weeks should i expect the same time from the consulate .I guess i said the same thing more than once  :)

221991[/snapback]

USCIS does the first Name Check before NOA2. K visas do not normally have a third name check initiated by the Consulate. The second name check is initiated at NVC, and in many cases in complete before the case goes to GUZ.

USCONGUZ has addressed this recently.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18052

221993[/snapback]

I see well i guess i do not know then .I am doing a k1 i thought they did another one at the consulate i know my name check is complete at the nvc so then i guess I am just waiting for the consulate to get my packet 3 and put it in the computer and give a interview date and send out packet 4 my fiance sent the packet 3 back on her sunday .I do not want to sound to unaware of my situation but I am a planner and jhust trying to get a better feel for time and things to accomplish .I have been teaching kung fu for 11 years and every thing is step by step and it tends to run over in every thing else in my life .As well I all ways want to be sure of things I am kind of a worrier

Guest ShaQuaNew

221991[/snapback]

It's very important to understand that while there is a great deal of speculation as to what goes on and when regarding any kind of:

1. Background Check

2. Security Check

3. Name Check

4. Required Security Check

....that no-one really knows what is checked, how many times, and when. There are some things that trigger additional scrutiny, like previous contact with immigration, arrest and law enforcement history, advanced knowledge and / or design of defense related information.

When a petition is initially submitted to the USCIS is undergoes a "Required Security Check." Be aware that the USCIS also refers to this "Required Security Check," as a "Background Check," synonomously.

During this initial checking process it's widely believed that the USCIS uses the Interagency Border Information System (IBIS), to enter both the petitioner and beneficiary information. These checks are performed by lower-level personnel with limited authority and expertise. If there is a "hit," the petition must be resolved by a human. If it cannot be resolved by this lower-level person, it will be referred to a more advanced level of checking. It is the responsibility of this more advanced-level person to determine whether the hit is significant, and if so, to determine whether to hold the petition in abeyance, or pass it.

After the USCIS finishes with it and approves it, it then goes to the NVC. Remember, at this point the petition is approved. The "namecheck" process is shrouded in even more secrecy, and may be nothing more than another IBIS check to ensure that the petioner has kept his nose clean. Once the petition gets to the consulate, common sense says that there are local resources available for checking the beneficiary background. While it's difficult to know what exactly is being checked at that level, it's easy to speculate that at least previous immigration contact, violations, communist party contact or leanings, or terrorist watch list. As with the IBIS check, if there is a hit it must be resolved.

The best thing that the petitioner and beneficary can do is be honest with each other. It seems that there have been many a petitioner that had a bomb dropped on them at the end of the process after learning their partner has previously attempted immigrating to the US, with not so pleasent results.

221991[/snapback]

but most of all just sit back, wait, and buy a case of Cheetos.

No one knows what happens behind the scenes, like Shaq says, it's great fun for some to speculate, but your P4 will come when it comes.

It's perfectly normal to not hear ANYTHING in the meantime. You can drive yourself crazy worrying, so just keep posting. We can help in that area.

221991[/snapback]

but most of all just sit back, wait, and buy a case of Cheetos.

No one knows what happens behind the scenes, like Shaq says, it's great fun for some to speculate, but your P4 will come when it comes.

It's perfectly normal to not hear ANYTHING in the meantime. You can drive yourself crazy worrying, so just keep posting. We can help in that area.

222001[/snapback]

Thank you for the advice all of you seem very knowledgable and prepared for your interviews .It is very comforting to me to know othere's have put in the effort that i can benefit from

CFL has an extraordinary wealth of information to help you prepare for the interview......include *step by step FAQ's which can be accessed in the upper right side of the page in "CFL links" to *member threads about their interview experience as well as *information on almost every topic...the latter two can be found at the bottom of each section in the search function.

Good luck in the final stages of your journey...you will do ok ! !