Third Party Correspondence

Guest ShaQuaNew
Favor's case might be signaling a change in the consulate's approach to third party correspondence.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I recall that most TPC cases have resulted in a return of the files to USCIS with a recommendation to revoke and without much opportunity to rebut the allegations.  In this instance, it sounds like Favor is being given the opportunity to provide additional information while the files are still at the consulate - to me a better way to address the issue.

221958[/snapback]

I am under the impression that the only ones sent back to the US were the ones with actual evidence in them which could be corroborated with the applicant.

I think there have been other cases that were simply blue-slipped, but I can't think of whose.

221968[/snapback]

I agree. This sort of judgement is left to the discretion of the VO as to whether it can be resolved with additional easy-to-get evidence, or whether it needs to be bumped up to the "hold-in-abeyance" black hole.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Favor's case might be signaling a change in the consulate's approach to third party correspondence.0„2 Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I recall that most TPC cases have resulted in a return of the files to USCIS with a recommendation to revoke and without much opportunity to rebut the allegations.0„2 In this instance, it sounds like Favor is being given the opportunity to provide additional information while the files are still at the consulate - to me a better way to address the issue.

221958[/snapback]

I am under the impression that the only ones sent back to the US were the ones with actual evidence in them which could be corroborated with the applicant.

I think there have been other cases that were simply blue-slipped, but I can't think of whose.

221968[/snapback]

We've seen both ways and if it stays in China to be resolved is the best. I think we have one member who is still fighting the Notice of Intent to Deny based on TPC.