Still waiting? Write your congressman

For those who have yet to get satisfactory results, maybe you could try faxing or emailing the members of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, your state congressmen, and pres. Bush. Form letter below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Letterhead with small pic of the happy couple)

House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration

Jxxx Hxxxxxxxx -- Chair

FAX: 1-202-xxx-xxxx

Dear Representative Xxxxxxxxx

I would like to discuss directly with you the situation regarding my fianceé's visa. Having started this process back in (insert date), we were excited to finally have our visa interview on (insert date). Over x months of waiting was over, or so we thought. But after being approved at Guangzhou Consulate on (insert date), instead of being given a visa, my fiancee was given the "white slip" stating that because of increased security measures......it would take 6-8 weeks more before her visa was issued. That 6-8 weeks has now taken more than X MONTHS!

We have been told by Assistant Secretary of State Maura Harty's office that namechecks normally clear in 2 days to 2 weeks. Although more than x months have passed since our last namecheck resubmit (insert date), we have had no indication of movement on our case.

Please understand how WE see things. WE played by the rules. WE did not sneak our brides into the country illegally. WE paid every fee, WE filled out every form, and We jumped through every hoop. WE are good Americans. WE have repeatedly been fed misinformation, form letters, and promises by our government.

On behalf of myself, my waiting bride, and the THOUSANDS of Americans and their family members who are effected by this, I implore you to do whatever you can to help us get the visas for which we have been approved, and get on with our lives. We are only asking for our chance at Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

See our timeline chart next page. In my last contact with Consulate Affairs on (insert date), Mr. Xxxxx told me that my fiancée should hear from GZ in 2 or 3 days. More than a month later, we have still heard nothing from GZ. I have left several more messages, but my calls have not been returned.

On (insert date), Ms. Xxxx from DOS told me . . . (insert your story here).

Respectful Regards,

Below, put your timeline chart (next page if no room), detailing what has happened so far with your case. Include what you have done (phone calls, faxes, emails, dates, etc.) and what action has transpired as a result, putting NO RESPONSE where applicable.