Locked myself out

As to the bet, as I recall, I put my money on you resurfacing before me. Anyone who keeps a keyboard in the bathroom is too much competition for me. :D  :P

A memory-jogger is now in order apparently ....

Mick Posted: Mar 5 2003, 07:40 PM

"You think we will have to wait a few days? My money says Eric will be posting away within 24 hours."

:P :P :P ;)

Like I said, you would be posting long before I resurfaced. Thank you for providing the evidence. :P :lol: :angry:

not so fast rascal ! You said "before 24 Hrs ".... I posted after 36 Hrs since Yuhui landed... You loose ! Pay up ! :P :P

We'll see about that. The twenty four hours began at the time of my post on March 5th. So I ask you my friend, did you or did you not post between 7:40 PM March 5th and 7:39 PM March 6th? In my book, the clock began ticking when I made that post. If I do have to pay up, I insist on paying in Turkish Lira. If you have to pay, you can do the same. :P :lol: :D :lol:

Don,

Well, I moved the preliminary Dating Application to production ...

http://candleforlove.com/jsp/CandleDat...ating/index.jsp

Let's see how it holds up.  Hopefully I didn't do something silly, like forget to plug it in.  :D  :lol:  ;)

P.J.

The link worked and I managed to register - no problem. When I have a little more time I'll do a profile and whack on it for you. Love the 'bridge' analogy...is that from my Thanksgiving post? I'd forgotten about it until I read it in the intro and candle has certainly been a bridge of late with a lot of happy campers crossing over.

I didn't have to register. I logged in my same Candle forum id and password and got in. The Dating application is for people looking for mates. Since I already found my soulmate, I won't do a profile. I don't want to mislead girls. However, I will introduce the dating site to my single friends.

Tony,

That is correct. It took me a ton of work, but I actually figured out how to bridge over from the PHP to Java and hook into the same security tables. As a result, you can register through the dating application and receive a forums ID, or vice versa.

Please do introduce the dating application to any single friends you have.

P.J.

• 2 years later...
Hey All,

If you wish to get in touch with me, please use my personal email (I changed my Candle profile so that all letters go to my personal account now). 

Please don't laugh, but I locked myself out of admin@candleforlove.com :P  :D  :lol: .  Please just send any and all future correspondence to my personal account, no more admin@candleforlove. 

*sigh* It reminds me of my college days.  My roommate who was a very sharp guy, but not into computers whatsoever, saw me taking apart and swapping around cables and jumpers inside my box.  I was really getting frustrated because the darn thing wouldn't work and it was around 2 AM.  Finally, Desmond asked me "uhhh P.J., I'm not a computer guy, but do you have to plug it in for it to work?!"

Incidentally, for those who are really into computers and programming, I got servlets working on Candle today.  Basically, that means Candle v1.0 should be here soon!!!

P.J.

19916[/snapback]

AHHHH Don't feel so bad. It has happened to the best of us, LOL

Wait until you are working on a Sun Blade server that is used for Confidential Company information and while you are installing a new drive with a different aray, it starts sending out hours of confidential documents to the Shipping Departments Printer. LOL Talk about getting the CEO's Blood Boiling. And if that wasn't bad enough, while trying to correct the issue at hand, I had in advertanly mannages to unplug the Fiber from its GBic Card, causing the loss of connectivity to the entire buliding above the 6th floor to the 20th.

So you can imagin just what sort of day that turned out to be. THANK GOD For the Local "HTBA" (Honkey Tonk Bar Association" :P