My letter to Consular Affairs

AZ thanks for forgiveness .....I never intended to cause a long debate. I just believe that my families privacy is something that I feel at this time is needed. I believe that the State Department, News Reporters, Guangzhou Embassy, and everyone out there knows about this website. I believe that I don't need my visa situation used as a news story for some reporter that will glorify and twist our stories just to sell news time. I was disappointed with the Arron Brown's CNN interview....his opening headline was "War Brides".....and as always repeatedly asked " why we couldn't find fiancee's and wife's in the USA" ....it is none of their business why??

I hate reporters and I don't watch the televion news because it has to put the story together quickly which "distorts the real facts at hand". The news is like watching WWF wrestling....every news agency's catch phrase is "they were 1st. on the scene to report the story" .....who gives a Hoot ;

they didn't research the facts and are sensationalizing the story to make it bigger and less factual. I have actually become addicted to Candle....every morning I read before going to work; after work I rush home to read the postings; and before bed I read them again looking for new comments.....I need to step away from Candle for a short time and work on getting my family here to the States. Emotionally my wife and I have felt that we survived the Tiatanic ship wreck (fighting the US Gov./INS).....we need time to patch our emotional wounds and just think about family now, but in

1-2 months I will be back to Candle. I don't believe my experience would help many, because everyone on Candle has "anwsered all the questions others are looking for"........I just need to get out of the emotional lifeboat and start planning for the future. I am very grateful to everyone here on Candle....I will not forget you !! I wanted to share photos of my wife and her daughter with Candle.....but sometimes I cringe that the photos will be on someone elses computer hardrive.....again a privacy issue that I personally have. My wife and daughter are precious to me......I don't want to take the chance. Even at home now I silently celebrate by myself and have not shared the good news with my Mother, brothers, and sisters......I need rest now for 3 days and my wife is resting in China also. I wish I could get drunk, but I can't get past 3 beers....I am a extremely light drinker...I only drink for the brief taste. Last night I talked romantic to my wife on the telephone for 1 hour and it makes her relaxed....not dirty, just lightly romantic. I am able to make her relax with my voice and she sleeps better. I need time away from Candle to put the romance back in the relationship that has been stressed for 1 1/2 years by the visa situation.

Our families love has been like a rock, but time to take care of the wife and give the daughter some "postive words of encouragement" ...she needs hugs too and to feel important the whole family. My wife's 1st. marriage her husband never gave the daughter encouragement and a feeling of emotional stability...he was a severe gambler. Anyway....I am sorry if I ever affended anyone on Candle......I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas this year 2003....last year was spent alone.

AZ , Mick, Owen, Ana, Angrytexan, PJ, and everyone on Candle ....I Love You All Like Family !!!

Take Care,

Sincerely ChrisD

;) :blink: :P :P ;) ;)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now to paraphrase Rodney King, 'Guys can't we all now just get back to task?'  I started this thread to hopefully incite those who are still waiting to contact the Consular Affairs office - and to let those waiting know that they are not alone.

ChrisD: Please respect AZwolfman's wishes regarding the direction of this thread.

Hi guys. I've never contacted Consular Affairs before. I've just called the DOS namecheck hotline (202-663-1225  ext.1,6), is there another phone number for Consular Affairs? How do I contact them? Do they have different information than the DOS namecheck hotlline?

Thanks.

-Emery, a.k.a. Nancy's main squeeze

http://www.havanastreet.com/china

Consular Affairs

1-202-647-7948

FAX 202-647-0341

You can find this and other numbers in the Links and Resources section, and in the Contact List section. Use the pull down menu at bottom right of this page.

This has been mentioned before. . . . but if you want to talk to someone at CA, you need to give them a reason to talk to you. Don't just say, "I'm calling to check on......" the way you would with the DOS 1225 line. Very briefly explain why you need to talk to them, and if possible why you need to talk to a specific person at CA. You stand a better chance of a callback from a CA officer if you have something unique to ask or discuss.

DOS line seems to be slow in getting information, and inconsistent depending on whom you talk to.

Lurker...I respect AZ's thread, he is rallying everyone for another push at DOS/State again....I respect him.

ChrisD

Damm...every time I close out Candle to go to another website, I find myself drawn back to read another new posting again on Candle once more.

Guys,...oh man,,,,I have to go take a shower and eat some food today.

Take Care...I wish everyone who is still waiting that their loved ones will get their EMS notice to pick-up their visa's soon !!

As Kojack said " WHO LOVES YOU BABY" !!!

ChrisD :unsure: :angry: :blink: :o :o :o