Why spend so much time and energy worrying about the draft form and stuff, when the final form comes out we will follow the instructions and do what they say.

It's not like they asked for our opinion. :)

221446[/snapback]

Good question, Lee. I won't presume your reasons but these are mine.

First, it's a matter of setting expectations for our affected members. We can't be sure how long the delay will be but it clearly is not appropriate to expect that THIS draft will be the final one, so it is inappropriate to expect the solution is quicky forthcoming.

Second, although most of the posting participation in this thread is from members who have passed this point and are not affected, those affected are undoubtedly among the thread's viewers. As with other subjects, posts are written for the reader more than for the writer.

The purpose is to help other people.

221474[/snapback]

I agree that the initial attempt to understand this is a great idea, but I think we've about speculated this one enough until they give us something more substantial, like a real form and instructions. Then we can debate about how to complete it.

Until that time it's only a futile excercise, because having 20 differnt opionions on what the final thing will look like will likely cause more confustion than help.

If someone would like to help, perhaps they could monitor VJ and other sites. Other countries will most likely have post-March 6 applicants going through consular interview sooner than ours.

The law is subject to interpretation, implementation, and challenge in the courts before we will know what it really means. The I-129F draft is only the beginning, and not really even that.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Well, I, for one, am affected by this (I think). My selfish hope is that they do something about this soon and get the show on the road. I've never been arrested and I didn't use a marriage broker. Ask me straight forward questions and I will give you straight forward answers. I suppose they could just make us wait our whole lives to see if we commit any crimes and issue the visa sometime during our final days. (just kidding) :)

Edited by RLS (see edit history)
Well, I, for one, am affected by this (I think).  My selfish hope is that they do something about this soon and get the show on the road.  I've never been arrested and I didn't use a marriage broker.  Ask me straight forward questions and I will give you straight forward answers.  I suppose they could just make us wait our whole lives to see if we commit any crimes and issue the visa sometime during our final days.  (just kidding)  :lol:

221479[/snapback]

Now theres an idea, did you say you wanted to volunteer as the test case? :P

Well, I, for one, am affected by this (I think).  My selfish hope is that they do something about this soon and get the show on the road.  I've never been arrested and I didn't use a marriage broker.  Ask me straight forward questions and I will give you straight forward answers.  I suppose they could just make us wait our whole lives to see if we commit any crimes and issue the visa sometime during our final days.  (just kidding)  :lol:

221479[/snapback]

221488[/snapback]

You know, Lee, it's not like I'm trying to hurry this thing up. In the military I was told to never volunteer for anything, so I think I'll decline. :P

Well, I, for one, am affected by this (I think).0„2 My selfish hope is that they do something about this soon and get the show on the road.0„2 I've never been arrested and I didn't use a marriage broker.0„2 Ask me straight forward questions and I will give you straight forward answers.0„2  I suppose they could just make us wait our whole lives to see if we commit any crimes and issue the visa sometime during our final days.0„2 (just kidding)0„2 <_<

221479[/snapback]

221488[/snapback]

You know, Lee, it's not like I'm trying to hurry this thing up. In the military I was told to never volunteer for anything, so I think I'll decline. ;)

221499[/snapback]

Man, I felt sure you would want to do this to help out all of your brothers in arms, sounds mighty selfish to me. :roller: