Question about affidavit of support

If I am in China the preceding several months before the P3 is issued, and therefore the I-134 requested, and have no current employment (there is no way my employer will allow me to take such a long leave :threeques:)

Then I understand I can use a co-sponsor. However, if the co-sponsor is retired, and also cannot provide proof of employment... granted, he does have a verifiable source of income, but still the instructions don't mention this. Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks!

Guest pushbrk
If I am in China the preceding several months before the P3 is issued, and therefore the I-134 requested, and have no current employment (there is no way my employer will allow me to take such a long leave :threeques:)

Then I understand I can use a co-sponsor.  However, if the co-sponsor is retired, and also cannot provide proof of employment... granted, he does have a verifiable source of income, but still the instructions don't mention this.  Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks!

218463[/snapback]

A retired sponsor lists their occupation as retired and provides proof of sufficient retirement income. A petitioner themselves can be retired.