QUESTIONS FOR I-864

Dear USCONGUZ:

I have read some of the posts here regarding of I-864 and tax return, and I am a little bit confused right now. My questions are:

1. Do we need to take a updated, original and notarized I-864 form to the interview? Since we have already submited an original one to NVC in our CR1/2 P3, but it is from last year.

2. does the tax return form has to be original too and also signed?

3. Someone mentioned that in the P4 for a CR1/2 case, they also ask you to send the original form of I-864, and if there is any lack of original papers, it would effect the case approval. So in this case, we should at least prepare more than one original I-864 form, is this correct?

4. is the W-2 forms necessary to provid?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Frank

Here's my understanding:

1) This has been asked many times.. The answer is that you don't need an updated I-864.. but should bring any more recent taxes.

2) You cans send in a copy of a signed original or tax transcripts...

3) the original was sent to NVC.. so you don't have the original.. but should have copies (or a second set as original is best !). You should have an I-864 for each visa applicant as they are separate applications, and the household size needs to reflect this [in case one application gets approved and one denied].

4) You should have W2s for the interview (IMO)

• 3 months later...

I did a seperate Affidavit of Support for my wife and step son. The new updated Affidavit of Support does not have to be notarized. Just make sure you have your updated info with it. However, since they are seperate. I have just each one seperate as a dependent. Thus, with my wife I have only 1 dependent (her) and with my son I have (one) applicant. I was told to do this by a lawyer. Anyone do the same thing and had a problem with this?

I did a seperate Affidavit of Support for my wife and step son. The new updated Affidavit of Support does not have to be notarized. Just make sure you have your updated info with it. However, since they are seperate. I have just each one seperate as a dependent. Thus, with my wife I have only 1 dependent (her) and with my son I have (one) applicant. I was told to do this by a lawyer. Anyone do the same thing and had a problem with this?

What you did sounds correct.. see this post for similar comments:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18710