from my job after 12 years because of my Christian beliefs and

I know I need a employment letter for the I-864 and was worried

about how this may effect the adjustment of status

I hope everyone is doing find and I can not tell you how happy

I am to have my wife home although we are having some commutations

problems when it comes to trying to explain how things work here in America

Talk to you all later

Chuck :blink:

Since your wife is K-3, I don't think you do not need to file for AOS in order to file the I-765 for an EAD (This is different from the K-1 requirement).

Sounds like you and her adjustment to life in America are going well. The communications issues will eventually fade away and if it's any consulation, explaining how things work in America is a typical issue. Heck, just try to explain it to another American. :lol:

Sorry about the job situation. Personally, since she is K-3 which is valid for two years, I'd be inclined to wait on the AOS until the job situation got a bit more favorable. But, if you are very comfortable that you would be re-employed relatively soon and are willing to take a chance, you might consider going ahead and filing for AOS. You might get an RFE on the employment letter, but you'll have 84 days to respond and supply it. Hopefully, you would be re-employed by then. In the alternative, you can blow off the AOS completely and just wait for the I-130 to finish processing, but this would require a return trip to Guangzhou.

Another option you could take for the Affidavit of support would be to use assets instead of employment, as I recall you would need to show assets equal to 5 times the required 125% poverty level guideline, but since you have a CR1 & CR2 that would come out to about 165k of assets.

Getting a new job going is probably the easiest way to get things going and as Frank said, ain't no hurry now, cause she's here. :cheering:

Besides it gives you an opportunity to spend some quality time with your family while the job search continues.