There have been a few cases where the log jam broke after contacting her.  It couldn't hurt.

217055[/snapback]

thx Carl

217061[/snapback]

No need. Your timeline is moving pretty fast already. I emailed and faxed to her many years ago and she never responded.

If your case is stucked, then you should contact her. Otherwise, you shouldn't.

Edited by tonado (see edit history)
There have been a few cases where the log jam broke after contacting her.  It couldn't hurt.

217055[/snapback]

thx Carl

217061[/snapback]

No need. Your timeline is moving pretty fast already. I emailed and faxed to her many years ago and she never responded.

217121[/snapback]

It was moving fast. Being in Name check since Jan 7th isn't moving fast!

Anyway I called her office this morning and all I got was the completer run around. No one would help. I got transfered to some Q for visa information.

I also called the FBI name check number and was told they no longer have status information.

BS!

Guest ShaQuaNew

217055[/snapback]

thx Carl

217061[/snapback]

217121[/snapback]

Anyway I called her office this morning and all I got was the completer run around. No one would help. I got transfered to some Q for visa information.

I also called the FBI name check number and was told they no longer have status information.

BS!

217148[/snapback]

Have you contacted your Senators and Congressman? If not, it's time to do so. Use the web to find their local telephone numbers and call their offices. Ask to speak with the persons delegated to handle immigration issues. You will need to sign a release, which you can do by fax. Both your Senators and congressman have special telephone numbers and email addresses they can use to get information. While it can be very frustrating, this will give you something to do while you compose hard-copy letters for snail mail to Maura Harty, and any and all Senators and Congressman you care to make envelopes for.

217055[/snapback]

thx Carl

217061[/snapback]

217121[/snapback]

BS!

217148[/snapback]

Have you contacted your Senators and Congressman? If not, it's time to do so. Use the web to find their local telephone numbers and call their offices. Ask to speak with the persons delegated to handle immigration issues. You will need to sign a release, which you can do by fax. Both your Senators and congressman have special telephone numbers and email addresses they can use to get information. While it can be very frustrating, this will give you something to do while you compose hard-copy letters for snail mail to Maura Harty, and any and all Senators and Congressman you care to make envelopes for.

217152[/snapback]

ShaQuaNew thanks much,

I had contacted one of our Senators previously and they didn't even contact the correct department to see why the name check isn't moving forward. Today I will contact the other Senator and make sure they go in the right direction.

Guest ShaQuaNew
ShaQuaNew thanks much,

I had contacted one of our Senators previously and they didn't even contact the correct department to see why the name check isn't moving forward.  Today I will contact the other Senator and make sure they go in the right direction.

217155[/snapback]

Stay in touch with both of them. Many times they select junior members to staff their immigration posts, so it's important to call that person regulary, and tread the line between being annoying and being very interested in what's going on. Each time you speak find out what their plan is to help you get to the bottom of the delay. If they don't have a plan, ask them if they can help you develop one.

Your concern is getting to the bottom of this delay, and determining both the reason, and how long it will take to resolve. One of my senators had a very junior lady handling immigration, so I had to carefully walk her through a lot of the process. Often times these senators offices talk to one another, so they will likely learn that you are working with their counterparts. I personally think it's best to work with them in tandem as it attracts more attention to your plight.

If you have one for Ms. Harty, thy that one and ask for O'Connell. Did you try the DOS site to see if they have a directory?

When you talk to some one, know about our famous black hole and say you are afraid that the FBI has lost the request for your clearance.

The asst that helped us was Andrew ****** but I am now sure he is still there. Probably not as he was too interested in customer service to work for the govt.

If you have one for Ms. Harty, thy that one and ask for O'Connell.  Did you try the DOS site to see if they have a directory?

When you talk to some one, know about our famous black hole and say you are afraid that the FBI has lost the request for your clearance.

The asst that helped us was Andrew ****** but I am now sure he is still there. Probably not as he was too interested in customer service to work for the govt.

217327[/snapback]

ok thx.........I will try again tomorrow. I wasn't able to find her name on the main DOS site.

Guidelines are very clear about giving up private contact names and phone/email addresses. Unless the person is listed on the USCIS or DOS sites, keep it to yourselves.

217387[/snapback]

Thx Carl. Pm on the way.

Don no problem. Will do.