Does Tax Return have to be notarized/official?

K3 requires the most recent year Tax Return according to GUZ's website. I called the IRS and was told that my tax return for 2005 is still in processing, so my 2005 tax return transcript is not available for the time being. I only made a copy for my 2005 tax return when I filed jointly with my wife. My wife applied for the ITIN and the IRS approved it and assigned her an ITIN.

My question here is: can my wife just use our 2005 tax return copy with my 2005 W-2 form (official) plus the IRS notice of her ITIN approval for her interview?

We also have other supporting documents such as Bank statement with very good standing and my employment letter.

Do you guys think the above are enough for my wife's interview?

Thanks so much!

Edited by SallyHon (see edit history)
I would like to notarize everything, however, here in Michigan they don't do that for a document without a section specifically for notarization...

216754[/snapback]

The instructions talk about getting a notarized copy of the tax return, but most don't.

Basically, don't sweat it. :(

I would like to notarize everything, however, here in Michigan they don't do that for a document without a section specifically for notarization...

216754[/snapback]

If it's a document you are creating.. just put the notary section at the bottom of it... when I wanted my passport notarized, I photocopied it onto paper that I already printed up with the notary section at the bottom...

216754[/snapback]

If it's a document you are creating.. just put the notary section at the bottom of it... when I wanted my passport notarized, I photocopied it onto paper that I already printed up with the notary section at the bottom...

216781[/snapback]

I did the same with the tax returns. I attached a page to each return that contained language along the following lines:

I hereby certify that the U.S. Individual Income Tax Return for the calendar year ______ is a true and correct copy of the original return filed with the Internal Revenue Service.

Signed and sworn before me this ___ day of ________, 200_.

(signature of Notary)

Notary Public, __________ Country, _______

My Commission Expires _____________