what is administrative processing

i am sorry , have to ask question again . my case was send to GZ on 1.12, after more than 4 months ,finally , my case was received by the gz embassy ,i thought they will send me p3 these days, but when my bf called the DOS just now , they told me my case was in administrative processing, what does that mean ? I never heard that before . i m k1 . why i need that administrative processing? and how long will it take ?

Guest ShaQuaNew
i am sorry , have to ask question again . my case was send to GZ on 1.12, after more than 4 months ,finally , my case was received by the gz embassy ,i thought they will send me p3 these days, but when my bf called the DOS  just now , they told me my case was in administrative processing, what does that mean ? I never heard that before . i m k1 . why i need that administrative processing? and how long will it take ?

215990[/snapback]

I'm sorry to tell you that it likely means there will be further delays. Adminstrative Review normally means that something turned up in your petition that will require further review before it can be adjudicated. This may mean that something showed up in the beneficiary's past. Has the beneficiary ever filed for visa to the US, or had any previous dealings with American immigration or law enforcement?

It's very difficult to get information from the NVC regarding these issues. You might suggest that the American citizen contact their Senator or Congressman for more help.

Guest pushbrk
i am sorry , have to ask question again . my case was send to GZ on 1.12, after more than 4 months ,finally , my case was received by the gz embassy ,i thought they will send me p3 these days, but when my bf called the DOS   just now , they told me my case was in administrative processing, what does that mean ? I never heard that before . i m k1 . why i need that administrative processing? and how long will it take ?

215990[/snapback]

I'm sorry to tell you that it likely means there will be further delays. Adminstrative Review normally means that something turned up in your petition that will require further review before it can be adjudicated. This may mean that something showed up in the beneficiary's past. Has the beneficiary ever filed for visa to the US, or had any previous dealings with American immigration or law enforcement?

It's very difficult to get information from the NVC regarding these issues. You might suggest that the American citizen contact their Senator or Congressman for more help.

215998[/snapback]

Other possibilities would include US Citizen having worked in a job that required a high level of security clearance (although I would think that would have caused delay before the case arriving in China). It could be a security hit on your name. They would need further investigation to determine if the issue was with you or somebody else with the same name and birthdate. This is more likely if your family name is common.

There is also the possibility of third party interference/correspondence. This would be something like an acquaintance or former spouse writing the Consulate to sabatoge your application.

In any event, the best course of action is to have your fiance contact a Senator or Congressperson for assistance. If possible this contact should be in person. It might speed the process if your fiance would post here too.