Spokane Chinese Club

This is EXACTLY what you want, we have something like this in KC. The big part is that it is non-political since you need to list any organizations she is a member.

We were able to get our translator for AOS, attend a Chinese New Years party and much more. You may also find discounts at various markets. The most important thing is making contact with the local Chinese community, it can make life sooooo much easier for both of you.

I just joined and told my wife we were members. :rolleyes:

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)
This is EXACTLY what you want, we have something like this in KC. The big part is that it is non-political since you need to list any organizations she is a member.

We were able to get our translator for AOS, attend a Chinese New Years party and much more. You may also find discounts at various markets. The most important thing is making contact with the local Chinese community, it can make life sooooo much easier for both of you.

I just joined and told my wife we were members.  :rolleyes:

215633[/snapback]

Well, I haven't signed up yet, but I will talk to her about it in the morning.

I am not a member of anything right now, as far as I know. I closed all those off in order to save money for Airline tickets to China :greenblob:

Oh and greetings from STL (this week, anyway)!

I am thinking more as a way to meet people, get some friends, and to maybe network for a job. (She is good at schmoozing, IMHO) :greenblob:

Guest pushbrk

I just joined and told my wife we were members.  :rolleyes:

215633[/snapback]

Well, I haven't signed up yet, but I will talk to her about it in the morning.

I am not a member of anything right now, as far as I know. I closed all those off in order to save money for Airline tickets to China :ph34r:

Oh and greetings from STL (this week, anyway)!

I am thinking more as a way to meet people, get some friends, and to maybe network for a job. (She is good at schmoozing, IMHO) :ph34r:

215642[/snapback]

Sounds like a good idea. I'll send the link to my wife. (for the one down here) Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I found this link, but I am not sure it is something my lao po would be interested in. I guess what I am looking for is validation of this club for something to tell my wife about...

Spokane is a ways from my house, but it is probably the closest 'large' city outside of Seattle, which is a good 8 hours' drive.

Spokane Chinese Association

Thanks,

Merc

Hi Merc,

She might enjoy it. I am not sure. I live in Newman Lake, Wa. which is just to the east of Spokane, I see you are from Kettle Falls which is north of Spokane. My wife is from Shanghai. We have went to the Chinese new year celebration put on by the group each year around the end of January for the last two years. The date changes a bit each year. If you want more information on it my wife can probably give you or your wife more information. We have had an arts and crafts booth at the show each year and they get a really good turnout there. If you want to contact me personally send me a private email and I will email you back with my phone number, my wife could probably talk with your wife. Who knows maybe she would like a friend that is chinese in the area. My wife knows several of the local chinese now. We have been back from China for 4 years now.

Shanghaigale