I've done several during various stages of the process. One was addressed to "To Whom It May Concern" (K-1/I-134) and one was addressed to USCIS (AOS/I-864). I don't think it makes a lot of difference.

I could come up with a top ten list of how to address the letter, but your thread would probably get moved to the TC. :greenblob:

Does the letter from my employer need to be addressed to anyone specifically, USCIS or just To whom it may concern?

Thanks

215371[/snapback]

This is just my honest opinion, drawing from most of my adult life being a union steward too.

I have seen to often the most direct approach go wrong at times, regardless of the best intentions meant.

If the letter were to be addressed to the exact place and official, and for what ever reason there were to be some other holdup, they "could" say it was invalid, if they so choose.

Example: natural disaster and the interview in now moved to another place or unit.

Example: vo is looking for something and says it should be addressed different.

Now it has to be corrected and returned all because it was addressed "to correct and percise".

Why would this happen, who knows, but why give the opportunity if it is not needed.

To whom it may concern is the general accepted method to address any and all who are concerned with the issue at hand, and I would/will use this. JMHO.

Edited by MikeandRong (see edit history)