Hello All,

I will be doing the DCF route, I have been doing a bit of reading, and I am a little confused about Packet 3. What are the exact documents I will need ready to send back to the embassy in order for her interview to be scheduled? Will I send them the police certificates at this time?

The reason why I ask is because my future wife studied for two years in Australia, and we are trying to figure out when we should start hassling with the Australian process to get a police certificate.

Also, I have now read about immunizations, and since she will be an immigrant, at what point must she have the immunizations? Should this all happen before her medical exam?

Thank you for all your help.

Hello All,

I will be doing the DCF route, I have been doing a bit of reading, and I am a little confused about Packet 3. What are the exact documents I will need ready to send back to the embassy in order for her interview to be scheduled?  Will I send them the police certificates at this time?

The reason why I ask is because my future wife studied for two years in Australia, and we are trying to figure out when we should start hassling with the Australian process to get a police certificate.

Also, I have now read about immunizations, and since she will be an immigrant, at what point must she have the immunizations? Should this all happen before her medical exam?

Thank you for all your help.

215285[/snapback]

There are only two forms(DS-230 and form 169) that you will need to send back once you get the P3. Form DS-230 can be downloaded and filled out prior to getting your P3 packet. Form 169 is a check list. NO. You won't send GUZ the police certificate.

What I did was filled out the DS-230 form before I got the P3. Once I received the P3 I made a copy of the 169 form and then sent off ASAP back to the consulate. Right now I'm still finishing off my check list.

I'm unsure about how long it might take or how difficult it would be to get a police certificate from Australia. Notarized police certificates have a one year validation.

I'm not positive about the Immunization question. I'm sure one of the other members can answer it.

I hope this helps. :unsure:

see this past thread where frank and I gave links for Austrailian police certificate issues:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17361

I'd make the contacts now and get a feel for how long they say it will take... it will be good for one year.

You got married in BJ.. so I assume you are filing initially there... BJ is the fastest DCF location [since all cases are sent there prior to going to GUZ]... the past average is 6-7 months, but I think could be a little faster now...

---

You should get the vaccinations at the same time of the medical exam (to save time traveling). Although whether you end up doing it in the same building or a different one, you'll have to find out. The hospital you go to may or may not do the vaccinations... but my wife got her shots in BJ , but on a separate trip got the medical in BJ.

In the P4 FAQ, you'll see a section for: Where can I get my medical exam?

The BJ experiences are K1s.. but you can also read the Shanghai ones, you'll see some CR1 experiences for the medical...