Here We go Again !NAme change after marriage

I goofed up and did not go back to the SSA after we got married to get the name change done before the I-95 expired .

So we Went and got her learners permit in her maaried name and the SSA told us that with the marriage license and the drivers lincense they would issue her a NEW card with her married name on it

So we go today and the now want a certified copy of are marriage license APPLICATION -YEP IT;S TRULY AMAZING THAT A CERTIFIED COPY OF THE MARRIAGE LICENSE -IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BUT THE APPLICATION FOR LICENSE IS :headbang:

They say that's all we need but I bet we don't get it till after we get that Green card :doorscared:

Somehow, this does not surprise me in the least. I wonder why they don't ask for the application for the birth certificate, rather than the actual birth certificate?

I guess what matters is that you applied to get married, not get married. If they ever ask you to turn in her conditional SS card, with the work authorization required statement on the back, you ought to tell them you don't have it, but you do have a copy of your application for the card. :doorscared:

Somehow, this does not surprise me in the least. I wonder why they don't ask for the application for the birth certificate, rather than the actual birth certificate?

I guess what matters is that you applied to get married, not get married. If they ever ask you to turn in her conditional SS card, with the work authorization required statement on the back, you ought to tell them you don't have it, but you do have a copy of your application for the card.  :clapping:

214475[/snapback]

When I wrote the first Post,I was so mad that I could hardly see straight

Because I actually talked to the lady who refused us and we went over just what we would have to bring .

Apparently ,they can change the requirements at their own whim , things did get a little uncomfortable for her when she told me that the information given to me was incorrect and I gave her my notes about the phone call which included her name as the representative and the Time and day I called .

I did that just so they would not be able to give me the runaround .

So maybe in a week or two I will try again .

At this point I have documented everything that has gone on and it's taken 8 hours and 180 miles.

It's not been a total waste since we did other things in town ,but I had to take time off from work to do something that should be very simple . :greenblob: :clapping: