Hello All,

I am finalizing my G-325A, and I could use your help.

Under our five year employment history, I was curious if I also should put down the times that my fiance and I were unemployed, or do I only worry about employment?

Thanks for your help, and I look forward to hearing from you.

For my SOs G-325a, I put a period of time down as "Not Employed" with a date range.

But I think that this is one of many areas where more than one appraoch will work; you can either put it down (explicitly stating the unemployment) or leave it off (and the date gaps implies the unemployment).

Hello All,

Under our five year employment history, I was curious if I also should put down the times that my fiance and I were unemployed, or do I only worry about employment?

214401[/snapback]

I would just write in the dates of the actual employment and not worry about dates of unemployment. For the purpose of obtaining a visa, I dont think whether or not you were employed is the issue, this is purely biographical/historical data.

Guest pushbrk
Hello All,

214401[/snapback]

I would just write in the dates of the actual employment and not worry about dates of unemployment. For the purpose of obtaining a visa, I dont think whether or not you were employed is the issue, this is purely biographical/historical data.

214405[/snapback]

Exactly. The form asks you to list the name and address of all employers for the past 5 years, including start and end dates. It also says "if none, so state". I interpret that to be for retired people etc.

It is biographical, not a credit application. For instance if you took time off to go to school, they don't ask for the name of the school. Just give them the information they directly ask for.

Hello All,

214401[/snapback]

214405[/snapback]

Exactly. The form asks you to list the name and address of all employers for the past 5 years, including start and end dates. It also says "if none, so state". I interpret that to be for retired people etc.

It is biographical, not a credit application. For instance if you took time off to go to school, they don't ask for the name of the school. Just give them the information they directly ask for.

214412[/snapback]

Thank you all for your great advice. The wedding is coming up soon, and we will be DCF'ing it shorly after.

God bless you all.