Unable to Verify information

I am unable to verify my wife's information in regards to correcting her year of birth information. I've emailed GUZ and per the instructions of the email, I faxed (04-12-06) a copy of the required information.

Now, I cannot verify the fax that was sent nor if any correction has been made. I have faxed(2nd), mailed (EMS), and called the GUZ pay service 05-08-06. The customer service said that specific information is not available to them. I was instructed to call Guangzhou Consulate.

Question:

How do I verify if a correction has been made to my wife's DOB?

Thank you for your time.

*Admin, please change or move if you see fit.

You used the correct methods to contact us (letter, fax, and via webform at http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html). When did you send the 2nd fax to verify the change had been made to your wife's date of birth? Usually, we answer emails quicker than we can respond to faxes. There's also been a delay in answering correspondence due to the Chinese Labor Day holiday, as many of our staff were on leave. The best way to follow up on a fax sent is with a webform inquiry.

You used the correct methods to contact us (letter, fax, and via webform at http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html).  When did you send the 2nd fax to verify the change had been made to your wife's date of birth?  Usually, we answer emails quicker than we can respond to faxes.  There's also been a delay in answering correspondence due to the Chinese Labor Day holiday, as many of our staff were on leave.  The best way to follow up on a fax sent is with a webform inquiry.

213661[/snapback]

Emailed GUZ inform of error: 04-08-06

Received email from GUZ w/instructions to fax/mail doc: 04-10-06

Faxed proof of DOB: 04-12-06

Emailed GUZ to confirm on the fax and correcting the error: 04-17-06

(2nd Fax) plus mailed proof of DOB: 05-08-06

Both emails were replied, stating:

Dear Mr. XX,

Please be advised that we are unable to distinguish whether you are the

petitioner based on the email account you are using.  Therefore, in order to protect the beneficiary and the petitioner, we suggest you to mail or fax the inquiry with your signature. 

Best regards,

I switched from Yah00 to Gma!l, using two different email address when sending to GUZ not knowing which address I used in the Petition. To add to the confusion, I might have used my wife's email address, because I was unsure if I would still be working/living in China.

I can email again using my wife's address, but I don't want to put up any red flags due to three different email accounts inquiring about one case. In both faxes and the mailed(EMS) letter I sent, has our contact info phone and email.

Now I'm just trying to verify the above information.

Your advise is much welcomed and thank you for your response.

*Note: Yah00/Gma!l names were changed due to spam/search.

You used the correct methods to contact us (letter, fax, and via webform at http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html).  When did you send the 2nd fax to verify the change had been made to your wife's date of birth?  Usually, we answer emails quicker than we can respond to faxes.  There's also been a delay in answering correspondence due to the Chinese Labor Day holiday, as many of our staff were on leave.  The best way to follow up on a fax sent is with a webform inquiry.

213661[/snapback]

Emailed GUZ inform of error: 04-08-06

Received email from GUZ w/instructions to fax/mail doc: 04-10-06

Faxed proof of DOB: 04-12-06

Emailed GUZ to confirm on the fax and correcting the error: 04-17-06

(2nd Fax) plus mailed proof of DOB: 05-08-06

Both emails were replied, stating:

Dear Mr. XX,

Please be advised that we are unable to distinguish whether you are the

petitioner based on the email account you are using.  Therefore, in order to protect the beneficiary and the petitioner, we suggest you to mail or fax the inquiry with your signature. 

Best regards,

I switched from Yah00 to Gma!l, using two different email address when sending to GUZ not knowing which address I used in the Petition. To add to the confusion, I might have used my wife's email address, because I was unsure if I would still be working/living in China.

I can email again using my wife's address, but I don't want to put up any red flags due to three different email accounts inquiring about one case. In both faxes and the mailed(EMS) letter I sent, has our contact info phone and email.

Now I'm just trying to verify the above information.

Your advise is much welcomed and thank you for your response.

*Note: Yah00/Gma!l names were changed due to spam/search.

213814[/snapback]

when we faxed some information to GUZ that they requested........we only had to call the pay line to verify if they received it. They said yes. We also emailed them and they also emailed us in return with the answer "yes".

Sometimes the Consulate gets email inquiries about a case from someone who is neither the petitioner, the beneficiary, nor their legal representative. We do our best not to release case specific information to these third parties. This is why we are strict about email addresses used. If you want to switch email accounts, let us know via fax or mail. Ask specifically for us to make a case note in the file with your new email address. Then when you send future email inquiries, you won't get the "unable to distinguish if you are the petitioner" response. As with any fax or letter, it will take us a little longer to process it than an email.

If your second fax asking us to confirm whether we had made the date of birth change was sent on May 8, then it may take us several more days to reply. We try our best to handle correspondence in the order it is received. What may be a very simple request could take several days to generate a reply because we are dealing with earlier requests that may be more complex.