6 to 8 months !!!

Laopo had her Biometrics appointment last Friday and everything seemed to go fine until I asked the smiling lady gummint worker how long it might be until a green card and/or interview...She cheerfully replied..."6 to 8 months"...:blink: Is it really possible that the wheels of immigration can be turning this slowly? 8 months wait for biometrics and then another 6-8 for an interview... :)

Edited by rogerluli (see edit history)
Laopo had her Biometrics appointment last Friday and everything seemed to go fine until I asked the smiling lady gummint worker how long it might be until a green card and/or interview...She cheerfully replied..."6 to 8 months"...:o Is it really possible that the wheels of immigration can be turning this slowly? 8 months wait for biometrics and then another 6-8 for an interview... :blink:

213404[/snapback]

You mean to tell me that we will have our interview in 8 days and you've just now gone to Biometrics? :(

Guess you don't want to let your wife talk to mine until you get this paperwork thing corrected, when did you become such a bad husband Roger? :)

Laopo had her Biometrics appointment last Friday and everything seemed to go fine until I asked the smiling lady gummint worker how long it might be until a green card and/or interview...She cheerfully replied..."6 to 8 months"...:o Is it really possible that the wheels of immigration can be turning this slowly? 8 months wait for biometrics and then another 6-8 for an interview... :blink:

213404[/snapback]

You mean to tell me that we will have our interview in 8 days and you've just now gone to Biometrics? :o

Guess you don't want to let your wife talk to mine until you get this paperwork thing corrected, when did you become such a bad husband Roger? :)

213415[/snapback]

It would appear that living in Wisconsin is not a good idea for getting a green card... :(

Keep in mind that the biometrics people don't really know what's going on ... just over the border here in the Twin Cities we had about a 2 month wait for biometrics (would have been longer .. but we called and were able to get an appointment .. .2 or 3 tries if I remember correctly) and then green card inverview about 3 months later (see our timeline below ...). The USCIS helpline had no idea about what went on at biometrics - they sent us a letter to go do it again! - and the people at the biometrics place had no clue how long green card processing would take. Every application is a little different, and every office takes different amounts of time. Basically, it sucks.

Edited by NY-Viking (see edit history)

213404[/snapback]

You mean to tell me that we will have our interview in 8 days and you've just now gone to Biometrics? :P

Guess you don't want to let your wife talk to mine until you get this paperwork thing corrected, when did you become such a bad husband Roger? :unsure:

213415[/snapback]

It would appear that living in Wisconsin is not a good idea for getting a green card... :o

213419[/snapback]

Right, just another cheesy excuse from the north. :P

She cheerfully replied..."6 to 8 months"...:blink: Is it really possible that the wheels of immigration can be turning this slowly? 8 months wait for biometrics and then another 6-8 for an interview... :P

213404[/snapback]

I'll add just hope you don't have to wait for a name check, on top of everything else.

Laopo had her Biometrics appointment last Friday and everything seemed to go fine until I asked the smiling lady gummint worker how long it might be until a green card and/or interview...She cheerfully replied..."6 to 8 months"...:clapping: Is it really possible that the wheels of immigration can be turning this slowly? 8 months wait for biometrics and then another 6-8 for an interview... :cheering:

213404[/snapback]

Yeah, it sure can. :)

For example: we filed AOS in May 2003; had AOS interview in December 2004. 19 months, give or take a day or two. :redblob: