First time to try K-1

I am filing a first attempt K-1 and could use advice and direction. I just got back last Sunday from a visit and have been surfing the web to gather information on filing the K-1 for my fiance' from Chongqing China.

I have prepared my I-129F~ G-325 for both of us~ my FC-029~ copies of both birth certificate~ copies of divorce decrees in English for both of us~ statements of declaration for both of us~ letters of intent from both of us~ pictures, copies of passports, airplane boarding passes.... can anyone think of anything that i have missed and is there any shortcuts that i might need to know.

I have enjoyed reading all of the comments that everyone has posted and it has helped to increase my confidence in the process.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able share with me

Here's the Visa Journey (VJ) link for what to send..

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=k1guide

[except ignore their 'what to send' at the bottom, since it is too early for our particular process...]

---

double check everything including that your fee and filing location is correct, keep a copy of everything:

---

Best to spend your time understanding the process and knowing how to fill out the forms... your looking at about 8 months...

Here is the link for the CFL FAQs:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11293

---

last but not least... welcome to CFL ! :)

Definitely pay particular attention to the details, it's very easy to overlook something. I'd suggest putting the entire thing away for a day and review it with a fresh view. I found a couple of somewhat interesting mistakes this way.

Try to keep your evidence of meeting simple and to the point. I did ours on a single page using MS Publisher, inserting 2 pictures with captions, my boarding passes and a brief statement. If you don't have Publisher a color copier can do the trick, but nothing loose for them to misplace. They are not looking for a novel, just some form of evidence you two have been together.

Also, a big thing is to make sure to write the names on the back of the passport photos, I know someone who got the entire thing kicked back because the USCIS is not able to identify the difference between the Chinese SO and the USC. :)

Welcome and congratulations and best wishes for a new life.

It sounds like you are doing everything right, and that is the only shortcut: to keep from getting delayed by a mistake.

Also with both of you being divorced it sounds like you are on roughly equal planes in life. They pretty much frown on the thrice-divorced 60 year old used car dealer trying to get a visa for a never married young girl - that kind of thing.

Good luck and if you want you could go to the Our Stories board and tell about yourself and her and how you met.