K1/K2 at Interview

Hello Gang

when my SO has her interview, will her daughter be at the interview and questioned by the VO? Do you think the VO will ask her about our relationship or if there is a true relationship between us? I am curious to know this. How should my SO prepare her daughter for this intimidating experience for a 11 year old??

Carl

Everything I've heard is the VO's may ask children what they think of going to the US and if they like you. More of what you would call courtesy questions. I have not heard of them trying to get what you would consider relationship information from the child as "Kids will say the darnedest things." :)

In fact I am almost positive the VO's have been taught to be extremely careful in their dealings with young children, that is why those under a specific age are not supposed to be interviewed alone.

Everything I've heard is the VO's may ask children what they think of going to the US and if they like you. More of what you would call courtesy questions. I have not heard of them trying to get what you would consider relationship information from the child as "Kids will say the darnedest things." :roller:

In fact I am almost positive the VO's have been taught to be extremely careful in their dealings with young children, that is why those under a specific age are not supposed to be interviewed alone.

211300[/snapback]

My SO's daughter is 12 years old and she is very smart:) I have no concerns about her being interviewed by herself

Carl

My step-daughter to be is 17. She is in her 7th year of English but is shy to speak (very common I think). We have rehearsed a few basic questions with her.

Do you want to go to America?

What do you think of your mama getting married?

Do you like this man?

etc

She understand spoken English fairly well when she concetrates. (She understands written English very well) We see her helping finding the right supporting evidence in response to a VO's request.

My step-daughter to be is 17.  She is in her 7th year of English but is shy to speak (very common I think).  We have rehearsed a few basic questions with her.

Do you want to go to America?

What do you think of your mama getting married?

Do you like this man?

etc

She understand spoken English fairly well when she concetrates. (She understands written English very well)  We see her helping finding the right supporting evidence in response to a VO's request.

211462[/snapback]

I see. I feel the same way about "supporting evidence". Well my So's daughter does not speak much english but she does understand the written. When I was in china, she sticks to me like glue. If they ask her any quetions, I am confident she will contribute greatly in a positive way.

Carl

Hello Gang

when my SO has her interview, will her daughter be at the interview and questioned by the VO? Do you think the VO will ask her about our relationship or if there is a true relationship between us? I am curious to know this. How should my SO prepare her daughter for this intimidating experience for a 11 year old??

Carl

211249[/snapback]

No questions were asked of my 14 yr old step daughter in the interview. I think it would be pretty rare to have a serious question asked to a K2 beyond normal grettings. We didn't rehearse any questions with her. I wouldn't worry about it, just focus on your SO. Best of luck!!