Guest pushbrk
...need to complete one of these forms or is it only our SO who needs to complete this?  I know I need to complete the I-129F, but do I also need to complete the G-325A for myself?

210123[/snapback]

Yes, you both complete a G325a. Of course you can complete hers for her and she only sign it. See section 6 b of the I-129F instructions for confirmation.

It is very important to read carefully and completely understand all the instructions.

Yes. Read the instructions of every form very carefully and get to know what to do by yourself and the basic procedures to get your SO a visa, then you will feel much better other than worry about making mistake.

Keeping in mind, here you can get a lots of help.

Good luck!

Lin.

When the background check is performed, what are they looking for? Or perhaps I should ask what kinds of things would be disqualifiers on the US citizens G-325A. The reason I ask is that I owe back taxes that the EX and I have been battling over for some time. When they perform the check on me would this cause me problems?

Guest pushbrk
When the background check is performed, what are they looking for?  Or perhaps I should ask what kinds of things would be disqualifiers on the US citizens G-325A.  The reason I ask is that I owe back taxes that the EX and I have been battling over for some time.  When they perform the check on me would this cause me problems?

210130[/snapback]

They don't and are not likely to disclose "disqualifiers". Lieing on the forms would be one though. If you have criminal issues, you better resolve them quickly but to my understanding debts are not an issue generally. Now, if you are at the point where the IRS is levying your wages, then you may well not qualify as a sponsor without assistance from another person.

When the background check is performed, what are they looking for?  Or perhaps I should ask what kinds of things would be disqualifiers on the US citizens G-325A.   The reason I ask is that I owe back taxes that the EX and I have been battling over for some time.  When they perform the check on me would this cause me problems?

210130[/snapback]

They don't and are not likely to disclose "disqualifiers". Lieing on the forms would be one though. If you have criminal issues, you better resolve them quickly but to my understanding debts are not an issue generally. Now, if you are at the point where the IRS is levying your wages, then you may well not qualify as a sponsor without assistance from another person.

210132[/snapback]

Levying is not an issue. These are just taxes owed, but being disputed. I have been arrested once, but it was dismissed, although it was not exsponged from the record. The Ex lied on a child support affidavit. Of course there were no consequences for her actions.