Filling Out Form I-94

(11/04/2005)For nonimmigrant visitors entering the United States with a visa, there is a requirement to fill a Form I-94 (white form). This form has two specific perforated sections to it. The visitor or the carrier representative fills out Form I-94 upon arrival in the United States. The bottom section of Form I-94 is a departure coupon and must be returned to U.S. officials upon exiting the United States.

The information requested on Form I-94 includes:

Full Name

Date of Birth

Country of Birth

Country of Citizenship

Passport Number

Airline and Flight Number

City Where Boarded

Address While in the United States

In addition, there are several fields on the back upper portion designed for immigration related issues such as alien number, student number, and receipt number, which also need to be completed upon arrival to the United States. The back lower portion requests:

Full Name

Birth Date

Country of Citizenship

After the successful completion of processing the applicant, a CBP officer stamps the applicant¡¯s arrival and departure portions of the completed Form I-94, the passport and the customs declaration. The officer retains the arrival portion of the Form I-94 and returns the departure portion of the Form I-94 and passport to the applicant.

The departure portion of Form I-94 and passport is to be in the applicant¡¯s possession at all times until the applicant departs the United States. If an applicant boards a commercial conveyance to depart the United States, the transportation carriers are:

To remove the departure portion of the Form I-94 from the applicant¡¯s passport.

Annotate the reverse of the departure portion of the Form I-94 with the facts of the applicant¡¯s departure from the United States.

Return the departure portion of the Form I-94 to the nearest CBP office.

It is the applicant¡¯s responsibility to make sure the transportation carriers collect the applicant¡¯s departure portion of the Form I-94. If an applicant departs the United States by way of land through Canada or Mexico, it is the applicant¡¯s responsibility to return the departure portion of the Form I-94 to CBP prior to his/her departure

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/...ing_out_i94.xml

The web site also has pictures of what the form looks like.