129F vs 130 dilemma

Our P3 came last week, and when I got home from China, my first ($70) bill for the 130 came. So I am perplexed.

I understand that if I pay this bill soon, and the next one soon, the 130 could theoretically reach GUZ before the P4/interview date and thus end the 129F which is so close to completion.

I am also wondering if the CR-1 fees are duplicated / paid again if she gets the K-3 and comes here and does the AOS.

I asked her what she wanted, and she, like me, wants to be together as soon as possible. She wants to work, but it is more important to her to come here and be with me. Besides, I think she wants to have our child sooner rather than later, so she may be wanting to wait and work after the child is a few years old.

Should I pay the 130 fees because the timeframe is so slow? As a hedge to the 129F falling way behind again (like waiting 15 weeks for the P3 to come after my NVC->GUZ notice)?

Like I said, I am perplexed.

David did a quick comparison of the visa fees here - http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=205784

I don't have a real sense about the CR-1 timing, but it seems to me that the real drop dead date in terms of paying money is the actual IV (CR-1) visa fee ($70 is real but not quite as real as a $380 visa fee). If you pay the IV fee when it comes up, you do run the risk that you will have wasted the money if your wife comes on a K-3 and adjusts status here in the US. Of, course, she could avoid adjusting status and paying the AOS fee by going back to China to finalize the CR-1, but you'll incur travel expenses.

Others who might have been in the same boat as you from a timing perspective could probably better advise you whether paying even the $70 now would be a waste.

Hi David,

I don't know anything about the time process you mentioned but, I do know this.

If I had even 1/10,000 of a chance to get my honey here even 1 extra day early I would. Sure it will cost a little extra for that chance, but have we all not spent some money for a chance at some other time? Yes, she would probably not be so keen on spending the money on the chance it may not work out faster in the first reaction, but we all know in our hearts it could be the best $ ever spent if it did. In the big picture, it is not a very large sum for the chance to be together even sooner. If the tables were turned, you know that she would do it for you.

Getting to hold her in your arms again on US soil at last, I would do it in a heart beat.

Good luck in your decision.

Merc,

You are well along the path now.... hang in there, extra expenses now won't add any value or time at this point... but shake your perplexes and do what your heart says....

good luck

looking at timelines for recent interviews shows P3 to P4 anwhere from 1-3 months, then add a month for interview date.

The question is: Whether you can get through:

1) all NVC payments

2) paperwork sent to GUZ, through customs and entered in computer

3) namecheck completed (CR1s must have physical papers at GUZ for them to even start the name check)

4) and then P4 sent out

PRIOR to the K3 interview occurring...

Theoretically it could get to GUZ in time if the K3 P4 is later than average.. but if the K3 P4 comes on the quicker side, then I don't think so...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
Hi David,

If I had even 1/10,000 of a chance to get my honey here even 1 extra day early I would. Sure it will cost a little extra for that chance, but have we all not spent some money for a chance at some other time? Yes, she would probably not be so keen on spending the money on the chance it may not work out faster in the first reaction, but we all know in our hearts it could be the best $ ever spent if it did. In the big picture, it is not a very large sum for the chance to be together even sooner. If the tables were turned, you know that she would do it for you.

Getting to hold her in your arms again on US soil at last, I would do it in a heart beat.

207445[/snapback]

That's just it. The CR-1 overriding the K-3 might actually increase the time it takes for us to be together. If the CR-1 arrives in China, then the K-3 is pushed aside and we wait on the CR-1 time frame, which is more in the 15-18 month range, than the 12 months for a K-3. We're still in pretty good shape, sitting at K-3 P3 received day 174. She sent it to the consulate today via UPS overnight, so they should have it tomorrow. *IF* the timelines are accurate, we're somewhere around 3 months from interview, which still puts us in at 9 months on the K-3. I think what I may do is pay the $70 and have her fill out the agent form, and then keep tabs on how the two applications are running (waiting on the $380 bill and emailing GUZ in 10 days or so to see if the P3 is in the computer), to decide my next move. Priority one is being together.

Merc

Hi David,

207445[/snapback]

That's just it. The CR-1 overriding the K-3 might actually increase the time it takes for us to be together. If the CR-1 arrives in China, then the K-3 is pushed aside and we wait on the CR-1 time frame, which is more in the 15-18 month range, than the 12 months for a K-3. We're still in pretty good shape, sitting at K-3 P3 received day 174. She sent it to the consulate today via UPS overnight, so they should have it tomorrow. *IF* the timelines are accurate, we're somewhere around 3 months from interview, which still puts us in at 9 months on the K-3. I think what I may do is pay the $70 and have her fill out the agent form, and then keep tabs on how the two applications are running (waiting on the $380 bill and emailing GUZ in 10 days or so to see if the P3 is in the computer), to decide my next move. Priority one is being together.

Merc

207594[/snapback]

Let's clarify something...

The arrival of the CR1 at post does not push overboard the K3 scheduled interview and force a longer wait on the CR1 to complete...

You've commenced the K3 application and can choose to keep to that, even if the CR1 is in transit from NVC to post.

If by the time of the K3 interview, the CR1 is at post, you can then opt to have the [same scheduled] interview, but for the CR1 visa... Once you get the interview date, there's no reason really for it to change.

Guest pushbrk
Hi David,

207445[/snapback]

Merc

207594[/snapback]

The arrival of the CR1 at post does not push overboard the K3 scheduled interview and force a longer wait on the CR1 to complete...

You've commenced the K3 application and can choose to keep to that, even if the CR1 is in transit from NVC to post.

If by the time of the K3 interview, the CR1 is at post, you can then opt to have the [same scheduled] interview, but for the CR1 visa... Once you get the interview date, there's no reason really for it to change.

207600[/snapback]

That's exactly what I'm hoping for and would seem to be the best possible outcome for us married in China folks. Switch that K3 interview to a CR1 and come home without any AOS challenges.

My CR1 NOA2 was 7 days behind the K3.

Hi David,

207445[/snapback]

Merc

207594[/snapback]

207600[/snapback]

That's exactly what I'm hoping for and would seem to be the best possible outcome for us married in China folks. Switch that K3 interview to a CR1 and come home without any AOS challenges.

207643[/snapback]

My NOA2 for the K3 came on day 60; the CR1 NOA2 came on day 137, with the first bill coming about day 170. That's why I have no desire to sit on a CR-1 timeline and not see my beloved until mid-2007.

It'd be nice to not have to mess with AOS, but I would rather AOS and deal with it together, than deal with the time apart, which is driving us both batty.

Guest pushbrk
Hi David,

207445[/snapback]

Merc

207594[/snapback]

207600[/snapback]

207643[/snapback]

My NOA2 for the K3 came on day 60; the CR1 NOA2 came on day 137, with the first bill coming about day 170. That's why I have no desire to sit on a CR-1 timeline and not see my beloved until mid-2007.

It'd be nice to not have to mess with AOS, but I would rather AOS and deal with it together, than deal with the time apart, which is driving us both batty.

207664[/snapback]

It would seem that your CR1 has little chance of getting to GUZ before your K3 interview takes place but if it did, it would NOT increase your time apart because the interview and visa issuance dates would remain the same.