Mythology of Love

Has anyone heard of a movie called "Mythology of Love". The theme song from this movie was bing played everywhere during my recent trip. When I asked SO what the movie was called the electronic translator came back with the title "Mythology of Love". I saw on a soundtrand the English word "Fable" so that may be part of the real title. Anyway some of the scenes shown on the MTV production of th song looked pretty good and I would like to see the movie. Any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone heard of a movie called "Mythology of Love".  The theme song from this movie was bing played everywhere during my recent trip.  When I asked SO what the movie was called the electronic translator came back with the title "Mythology of Love".  I saw on a soundtrand the English word "Fable" so that may be part of the real title.  Anyway some of the scenes shown on the MTV production of th song looked pretty good and I would like to see the movie.  Any help would be appreciated.

207183[/snapback]

The one thing I have found out is that in most cases the Chinese name and the English name is different, regardless of the translation. Generally they give the movies a completely different title so a translation of the Chinese name may not work. This movie may be available in China with subtitles or dubbed, but if it is a fake copy those could very easily be so far off that you won't understand it.

There are places to search for movies. I have seen some websites list movies of interest for people learning chinese. I unfortunately lost most of my links when I got new hard drives. I will keep my eyes open.

Has anyone heard of a movie called "Mythology of Love".  The theme song from this movie was bing played everywhere during my recent trip.  When I asked SO what the movie was called the electronic translator came back with the title "Mythology of Love".  I saw on a soundtrand the English word "Fable" so that may be part of the real title.  Anyway some of the scenes shown on the MTV production of th song looked pretty good and I would like to see the movie.  Any help would be appreciated.

207183[/snapback]

I think you are talking about "Shen Hua", the movie was in the cinema some time ago. Youngsters here know the song while I don't.

I guess it costs around $3 for the VCD or DVD of the movie here in China but the postage would be more expensive than the DVD.

This movie may be available in China with subtitles or dubbed, but if it is a fake copy those could very easily be so far off that you won't understand it.

207250[/snapback]

You know our guys here don't need subtitles at all :P

They've got special training for body language from SO :D

Has anyone heard of a movie called "Mythology of Love".   The theme song from this movie was bing played everywhere during my recent trip.  When I asked SO what the movie was called the electronic translator came back with the title "Mythology of Love".  I saw on a soundtrand the English word "Fable" so that may be part of the real title.  Anyway some of the scenes shown on the MTV production of th song looked pretty good and I would like to see the movie.  Any help would be appreciated.

207183[/snapback]

I think you are talking about "Shen Hua", the movie was in the cinema some time ago. Youngsters here know the song while I don't.

I guess it costs around $3 for the VCD or DVD of the movie here in China but the postage would be more expensive than the DVD.

207274[/snapback]

That's the one. Thank you. Now if I can find it locally...I hate waiting for movies to be shipped...There is enought waiting going on in our worlds.

Thanks again

This movie may be available in China with subtitles or dubbed, but if it is a fake copy those could very easily be so far off that you won't understand it.

207250[/snapback]

You know our guys here don't need subtitles at all :P

They've got special training for body language from SO :D

207277[/snapback]

Oh man, now I'm really jealous! :D

I have been neglecting my studies lately. I am trying to review so I don't lose the things I have learned. I kind of put it off until after this K-1 business.