Additional I-864 questions

1) Does financial information have to be less than 60 days old? My parents (joint sponsors) sent bank statements and they will be about 75 days old by the time of the interview. Their W-2's should be sufficient to prove the minimum guidlines, but in case the VO asks for more, will these be inadmissible?

2) They ask for the last 3 years tax returns. Taxes must be submitted by April 15th and my interview is April 26th. My Dad is a Financial Planner and he files extensions for himself and the family members every year (he's too busy doing other peoples returns) so I WILL NOT have a 2005 return. Will this be a major problem? Can I give them 2002, 03, and 04 plus a letter of explanation for 2005?

3) Dumb question - only petitioners and joint/cos-sponsors fill out an I-864 - my wife (the beneficiary) DOES NOT need to. Correct?

Thanks for yalls help. Im countin the days baby!

-Alec & Elf

1) Does financial information have to be less than 60 days old? My parents (joint sponsors) sent bank statements and they will be about 75 days old by the time of the interview. Their W-2's should be sufficient to prove the minimum guidlines, but in case the VO asks for more, will these be inadmissible?

2) They ask for the last 3 years tax returns. Taxes must be submitted by April 15th and my interview is April 26th. My Dad is a Financial Planner and he files extensions for himself and the family members every year (he's too busy doing other peoples returns) so I WILL NOT have a 2005 return. Will this be a major problem? Can I give them 2002, 03, and 04 plus a letter of explanation for 2005?

3) Dumb question - only petitioners and joint/cos-sponsors fill out an I-864 - my wife (the beneficiary) DOES NOT need to. Correct?

-Alec & Elf

207051[/snapback]

1. I'm not aware of a 60 day rule on financial information. Since the income will be sufficient, I don't think it will be a problem.

2. A number of people have done exactly as you said, but have also provided a copy of the extension, if available, and a copy of the current year's W-2.

3. Your wife is off the hook and doesn't need to sign.

I do want to comment on one thing. You refer to your parents as being joint sponsors. Are both parents completing separate I-864s? The reason I ask this is that the I-864 contemplates only one person per form. If you need to use both parents, maybe the better thing to do is for dad to sign the I-864, assuming he's the principal breadwinner, and have mom sign an I-864A.

Guest pushbrk

-Alec & Elf

207051[/snapback]

No, no, no, yes, and yes, which translates to write the explanation and you'll be ok.

Guest pushbrk
wo haiyou yi ge wenti (one more question) - I noticed my parents left something blank - the city they live in. Duh... Am I legally allowed to fill in something they left out and/or correct mistakes? Do I have to initial anything?

207052[/snapback]

1. with the signer's permission, yes

2. no

I do want to comment on one thing.  You refer to your parents as being joint sponsors.  Are both parents completing separate I-864s?  The reason I ask this is that the I-864 contemplates only one person per form.  If you need to use both parents, maybe the better thing to do is for dad to sign the I-864, assuming he's the principal breadwinner, and have mom sign an I-864A.

207054[/snapback]

Your right Frank - Dad makes the big bucks so he is the joint sponsor. Mom filed as a co-sponsor and filled out an I-864A.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

You're good to go, Alec....

good luck