GUZ Pickup

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

I'm quite sure DOS is becoming quite familiar with my daily morning calls regarding whether or not GUZ has received my K1 paperwork and sent the P3. Unfortunately, have yet to hear the magic yes answer. I realize that those that answer at DOS are not always the most reliable source of information, but I've heard from two persons there now that stated that GUZ only opens NVC mail on Saturdays, and enters it into the computer at that time. Has anyone else heard this?

I'm quite sure DOS is becoming quite familiar with my daily morning calls regarding whether or not GUZ has received my K1 paperwork and sent the P3. Unfortunately, have yet to hear the magic yes answer. I realize that those that answer at DOS are not always the most reliable source of information, but I've heard from two persons there now that stated that GUZ only opens NVC mail on Saturdays, and enters it into the computer at that time. Has anyone else heard this?

206734[/snapback]

YES** As to inputing data. I was told by a lady at DOS that after packages are opened that the information is entered into there system on Saturday. I would assume packages are opened and infomation compiled thru the week and then all items are uploaded to their main system on that one day.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Just so you guys know...I personally know at least one person who works at GUZ that always works on saturday--and like many of us, gets paid to work for monday-friday. So...let us at least acknowldedge that those guys are working hard for us... :D

206766[/snapback]

Hey, yeah. Thanks all you hard-working GUZ folk that work Saturdays. Can you call your friend and ask them to locate my package and walk it through..... :blink:

But wait a minute. When I work late nights and weekends my paycheck is always the same. Go figure.... :D

Guest ShaQuaNew
But wait a minute. When I work late nights and weekends my paycheck is always the same. Go figure.... :)

206769[/snapback]

As well as when you post on CFL :D

206790[/snapback]

and you too smart guy :P

Let me clarify so as to avoid confusion...I had met someone in Guangzhou while at a restaurant who happened to work at the consulate many moons ago, who turned me on to CFL--and also clued me in to how busy they actually are...we have not kept in touch due to my not having the contact info. The word "friend" was incorrectly used, let me substitute it and say person I met once..

I have spent much time in Guangzhou due to visa problems we had due to health and babies and all that jazz...

I have also had conversations with a couple of other people who work there due to the fact that we had visa problems and I went throught the typical process of solving the problems. Every person who works there impressed me with their willingness to "do their jobs" even though they could easily be pri**s about things. Have you ever seen someone go off on them? I have, and it scared me to have to follow that person at the window--you know, the human nature portion...when you follow and they give you an ominous sounding "CAN I HELP YOU"

Those guys are very uptight about their jobs because of all the potential problems that can occur from "friends"..if you know what I mean..

The process is to remain as transparent as possible, with equal care given to every single applicant whether the petitioner is George W. Bush or Elmer Fudd...

Guest ShaQuaNew
Let me clarify so as to avoid confusion...I had met someone in Guangzhou while at a restaurant who happened to work at the consulate many moons ago, who turned me on to CFL--and also clued me in to how busy they actually are...we have not kept in touch due to my not having the contact info. The word "friend" was incorrectly used, let me substitute it and say person I met once..

I have spent much time in Guangzhou due to visa problems we had due to health and babies and all that jazz...

I have also had conversations with a couple of other people who work there due to the fact that we had visa problems and I went throught the typical process of solving the problems. Every person who works there impressed me with their willingness to "do their jobs" even though they could easily be pri**s about things. Have you ever seen someone go off on them? I have, and it scared me to have to follow that person at the window--you know, the human nature portion...when you follow and they give you an ominous sounding "CAN I HELP YOU"

Those guys are very uptight about their jobs because of all the potential problems that can occur from "friends"..if you know what I mean..

The process is to remain as transparent as possible, with equal care given to every single applicant whether the petitioner is George W. Bush or Elmer Fudd...

206809[/snapback]

As other posts are pointing out, the staff at GUZ is indeed overworked, and undermanned. Unfortunately, there is simply not much that any of us can do to change this process. Heck, Congress and the Senate can't even see eye-to-eye and simple issues, let alone deal with requests for more staff. The first and best thing that any one single person can do it to write their congressmen and state senators.

You can find them here:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_info...enators_cfm.cfm

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/

Guest ShaQuaNew

Just received this information from another member, thought others might find it helpful. These are DOS terms and information that relates to GUZ

Loaded = indicates that electronic copy of paperwork has been received at GUZ

Open = indicates that hard-copy paperwork has been received

In Que = interview date has been given.

DOS is saying that unfortunately the process has slowed at GUZ and that during the morning almost 80% of all inquiries to DOS related to GUZ.  It is the busiest consulate.  Mexico and the Phillipines are number two and three respectively.

Thanks Richard....

DOS is saying that unfortunately the process has slowed at GUZ and that during the morning almost 80% of all inquiries to DOS related to GUZ.  It is the busiest consulate.  Mexico and the Phillipines are number two and three respectively.

206861[/snapback]

That sounds about right. In looking through the Visa issurance statistics (http://travel.state.gov/pdf/FY2005_NIV_Detail_Table.pdf), Mexico and Philiphines were indeed issued a lot of K1 visas, along with Russia and Ukraine. I would imagine they would be up there in the TOP 10 busiest IV issurance Consulates.

hang in there Jesse..... I called them same way, even wrote the white house, got a reply, the following week they told me my wife had an interview on June 12... that was a month ago... ever hear such????

good luck

hang in there Jesse.....  I called them same way, even wrote the white house, got a reply, the following week they told me my wife had an interview on June 12... that was a month ago... ever hear such????

good luck

206911[/snapback]

HanLi, it would be helpful if you could provide a timeline in your signature so that we can see how your application progressed. Thanks.

206734[/snapback]

ShaQua,

I actually found out the same thing just yesterday when I called DOS. Although my package has been "Stamped" by the GUZ for almost two weeks now. The woman told me that the packages had to be filtered through several rooms in the consulate, and that these activities happen on Saturdays. Although it was nice to hear an update as to what is going on and why no P3 yet, it was also quite disappointing to hear about these procedures of which I was unaware. Hopefully they will keep busy and send out those P3s soon.....because I really REALLY want to get out of Shanghai. Two years straight in China, and I look forward to seeing blue skies stateside sometime soon.

hang in there Jesse.....  I called them same way, even wrote the white house, got a reply, the following week they told me my wife had an interview on June 12... that was a month ago... ever hear such????

good luck

206911[/snapback]

HanLi, it would be helpful if you could provide a timeline in your signature so that we can see how your application progressed. Thanks.

206924[/snapback]

ok