Places to visit in Liaoning Province

Hello,

I would like to start a 'places to visit in Liaoning Province' topic since I will be there (Shenyang and close by) in August for Loving Candle's birthday.

-James

James,

The Imperial Palace in ShenYang is a great place to go with your SO. It is located in the middle of town. I would plan on 3-4 hours or more to see the beautiful buildings at the palace and when done there is a large department store only a few blocks from the entrance. Don't forget your camera!!!!!!

General Information about Shenyang China

I seem to recall your LovingCandle lives in Fushun so here is a link that may also give you some things to check out Fushun Info there are a few links also on the bottom of this page in Chinese that may help your SO.

There was an indoor water park in Shenyang, but it was closed when I was there last spring and as usual I was not informed if this was temporary or not. We just went to a local museum instead. :P

Also, in Fushun, if you desire American food(Steak) and coffee the 1913 restaurant is a nice place to go. On the desert menu you should check out the orange cake. The prices won't surprise you, but will make your LovingCandle uncomfortable. :P

Go to Liaoyang south of Shenyang and visit a Buddhist temple with China's largest Buddha. It also enshrines one of Buddha's fingers. This is a new temple completed only two years ago. Nearby you can see the White Tower which is a very interesting ancient stone structure.

And while you are there enjoy some of the best restaurants in the province.