DHL waiting for GUZ

I just did a lot of searching on DHL Tracking By Reference. They finally picked up a parcel shipped one week before the one I think our case is in.

There are only about 9 more parcels shipped after ours that they still haven't picked up yet:( Does that mean that after they finally pick them up,,we will end up on the bottom of the stack again,,,you know, since it is first come first serve and all

headbang: :) :headbang:

This is as insane as when I watched Visajourney everyday to see what was approved on a day to day basis. :sosad: :Dah:

I just did a lot of searching on DHL Tracking By Reference.  They finally picked up a parcel shipped one week before the one I think our case is in.

There are only about 9 more parcels shipped after ours that they still haven't picked up yet:(  Does that mean that after they finally pick them up,,we will end up on the bottom of the stack again,,,you know, since it is first come first serve and  all

headbang:  :)  :headbang:

This is as insane as when I watched Visajourney everyday to see what was approved on a day to day basis. :sosad:  :Dah:

205904[/snapback]

3/8/06 case sent to GUZ, 3/13/06 at gateway, 18 pieces 86 lbs!

My case is also in that pile. Lets just hope for that "Stamp" soon!

I just did a lot of searching on DHL Tracking By Reference.  They finally picked up a parcel shipped one week before the one I think our case is in.

There are only about 9 more parcels shipped after ours that they still haven't picked up yet:(  Does that mean that after they finally pick them up,,we will end up on the bottom of the stack again,,,you know, since it is first come first serve and  all

headbang:  :)  :headbang:

This is as insane as when I watched Visajourney everyday to see what was approved on a day to day basis. :sosad:  :Dah:

205904[/snapback]

I sincerely hope that package gets to the consulate soon...my case was also shipped from NVC on March 8th.

3/8/06 case sent to GUZ, 3/13/06 at gateway, 18 pieces 86 lbs!

205922[/snapback]

I'm curious, how do you know it's 86lbs and 18 pieces? Where do you get this info? Do you call DOS and do they give you a tracking number?

205947[/snapback]

You can track by reference (I-730) on the web site.Then enter the date DOS says your data was sent to GUZ, enter a range a few days before and a few days after to be sure. You should see a shipment sent out on the same day and received at Guangzhou customs a few days later. You will see a tracking number and if you click on it it will give you more info.

Guest ShaQuaNew

headbang:  :P  :o

This is as insane as when I watched Visajourney everyday to see what was approved on a day to day basis. :clapping:  :redblob:

205904[/snapback]

The flow is so difficult to determine. You can check the DHL site and see when GUZ calls for a package on hold to be delivered, and finally, when it's signed by STAMP, but after that it's hard to know. When I was tracking my package movement, I noticed that GUZ was signing for packages once-per-week. They would generally sign for a group of packages that were mailed by the NVC between one and two weeks of one another.

During the past year, the time from NVC mailing paperwork and the date that GUZ signs for it averaged about two months. After GUZ signs for the paperwork and actually enters the information into their computer varied greatly, from a low of two days to a running average of about 10-15 days. Many believe that the day that GUZ acknowledges receipt of hard-copy paperwork is the same day they mail out the P3. Evidence does seem to follow that trend.

Last fall, after GUZ completed their move to the new building, a few petitions were moving through the system more quickly than in times past. In fact, Candle noticed petitions (K1) completing processing from a previous average of 9-13 months, to lows of 5-8 months. Naturally, we've all hoped that this trend would continue, and GUZ stated they though it would. However, there does seem to be a bottle-neck happening at GUZ right now, evidenced by many waiting longer than average to receive their P3s, P4s, and interview dates. A few P4s and interviews have trickled through, but fewer than expected. I'm hoping that they are spending this extra time organizing the next wave.