Interview in 3 more days - Taking Off In 12 hrs.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The interview ended up being a bit disappointing given the time I spent preparing all the documents:

1. What is your mother and father's name?

2. What is his mother and father's name?

3. Can I have your support documents?

Although I was happy that she passed, I was hoping for a few more questions than that.

207874[/snapback]

Congratulations Jonathan?

Tell me, are you a masochist or something ? The interview was a big disappointment? You were hoping for more questions? Why? Were you hoping the VO could trip her up? Was the process was too quick for you and you wanted to spend more time apart? Or were you just hoping for a blue slip so the two of you can sweat the time and effort with the overcome?

Hey, just kidding, we all know what you mean you spend hours and hours and hours on a big evidence packet and the interview blows by in just a few seconds!

Congratulations to you both! ! ! Glad you took a letter and even more so that the VO read it, I get the idea that the VO's like to see something in writing from the petitioner about the relationship. Jie's VO had the letter (relationship letter I wrote and sent with the original I-129F) out for the entire interivew, and read it word for word and based her questions on it.

Hey, we understand if you drop off the world for a few weeks, but dont forget to keep writing on CFL.... Congratulations again Jonathan! ! !

207896[/snapback]

:D Ameriken, I think she would have done good at the interview even if there was a gazillion questions thrown at her, since she understands me very well, since we tend to have a habit of talking about what is on our minds often to each other.

But at the same time, I will have to admit to being a little worried, since my girl tends to be a very emotional person. The chance that she can't contain her emotions, and go blank did cross my mind. I knew she was nervous a day before the interview. But since, I was there, and lining up with her, she calmed down a whole lot. Before she entered, I got the feeling that she would be alright.

I do get the feeling that the VO already know in advance who to let pass even before the interview based on what you submit to them earlier. I gave them as many pictures and had a very long story regarding how we met during the 1-129F submission process.

Also, I did follow the good advice of people here to bring in a sincere letter, a passport, and to let the VO know that I was waiting outside ready to assist.

I was more than happy, and grateful to the VO for the results despite the few questions. :P

Congrats Jon!

Wedding photos are definitely the way to go in China.  I know my sister spend in excess of $4,000.00 USD for her wedding photos and video at her wedding and reception.

My wife has been clamoring to go back and get some wedding photos done in China as well.  Seems like the big difference in photos is that in China they are more "studio" type as in, there is make-up constantly, change in costumes, and most importantly, change in scenary.  For US style photos, for the wedding, they just shoot the place of the party.  If you want to go to various locations, be prepared to pay big bucks.  I think my sister signed a contract for $300/Hr for the photographer alone.

207882[/snapback]

That big price tag for labor was the exact reason my mom insisted that I do my pictures in China. And the treatment I received there during the photo session felt like first class.

:P  :D  :toot: Congratulations!! :toot:  :toot:  :toot:

Your new avatar is great!  I could not take my eyes away from it.

207900[/snapback]

Thanks Joanne. That picture was taken at a wedding studio in ShenZhen called: "Love me forever." We felt they did a good job. It was actually taken in freezing cold weather at the beach on a cloudy day. We were both freezing, and wanted the photoshoot to end quickly after an hour.