I will be travelling to China next month via Guangzhou, by then my returned P3 will be "aged" in GZ for just over one and half month. As every Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons there are two visiting hours for US citizens, I am just wondering if there is any help talking to them to find out the status of our case.

Do you need to schedule an appointment with them? long lines to wait....etc. Much appreciated if someone can provide some infos on this.

I went there 20th last month, GZ change the schedule since the end of last year and they only open to inquire the immigration info on Tuesdays, Thursday and 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm only.

Be there earlier otherwise you have to come out something else to get in.

BTW, they have different entrance than last year due to the construction.

ST

immigration info on Tuesdays, Thursday and 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm only.

Thanks. Only half an hour? Do they screen your questions before let you in?

I believe it's 14.00 to 16.30 Hrs.... Still not much of a "time slot" for us USC's.

But maybe they shorten the time even more lately.

Below is what the website says... No end time..

"In Person

American Citizen petitioners in Guangzhou may enter the Immigrant Visa section on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2 PM."

"In Person

American Citizen petitioners in Guangzhou may enter the Immigrant Visa section on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2 PM."

Thanks Eric,

"US Citizen Inquiry Hours

Effective December 16, 2002, U.S. Citizens will be able to make inquiries concerning their beneficiaries' cases in the Immigrant Visa Unit on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2:00pm. Attorneys will be able to make inquiries on Wednesdays at 2:00pm. This schedule will remain in effect until further notice."

immigration info on Tuesdays, Thursday and 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm only.

Thanks. Only half an hour? Do they screen your questions before let you in?

I believe it's 14.00 to 16.30 Hrs.... Still not much of a "time slot" for us USC's.

But maybe they shorten the time even more lately.

"In Person

There are many security guards outside the fences will screen everyone try to get in, your passport and your purpose are the reason to get in.

The inquiry windows are open from 2:00 to 4:00 (or 4:30) pm but the security guards will let the certain category purpose to get in on different schedule.

I learned it last time and the ACS people inside GZ gave me a paper that states it also. I went there about 3:00 pm and the security guards almost blocked me in but I said I had something else like to talk to ACS people instead. I am lucky for an another nice security guards in front of the room to let me into the room and in the last queue as well.

I don't know it's coincident or not, I went there to ask for P4 (Jul/02) and EMS (Feb/03) info then within a month, they do show up. By your chance, pal.

are you not sure they received your P3?

Well, Eric, just Want To Make sure they Receive it! I heard people on the forum saying that after couple of months GZ still doesn't know anything about their returned P3 forms.

Then you are not sure.... Jolly good idea then to drop one off at their doorstep.... ;)

I would get a receipt if I were you... They might say no, but I'd ask...

Actually, the best for you would be to have a courier deliver it and get a receipt for it....Unless you can get that yourself...and make sure that the receipt says Packet 3 on it...Not just "documents" .....

I know, a bit paranoid, but I think we ALL have earned the right to be these days....Or at least I did.

Now, it does not hurt to drop another P3.. However, let's get realistic... If you mailed you P3 only a few weeks ago, they still have to enter it in their darn system.... Even before July 2002.. We received P4 July 5 after mailing P3 May 7..... So give it some room to breathe...

Remember too, that prior to last summer, P4 came after P3 in a fairly "normal" time frame.. After that... P4 has been dragging because of those damn name checks.. like people like me just got a visa 7 months after interview..

Then again, I'm rambling again... Lotto.... It has not been consistent

Just my 2 Turkish Liras worth ;)

Guest Long_strider

I hand delivered our P3 on 12/31/02. They would not give us any type of reciept (Yup, I asked for one). I hope they didn't put it in the circular file.

;)

Mi & Yu Q

I hand delivered our P3 on 12/31/02.  They would not give us any type of reciept (Yup, I asked for one).  I hope they didn't put it in the circular file.

;)

Mi & Yu Q

I would think they wouldn't....Thanks to confirm... But they would with a courier.. signing up the delivery.

The file is not circular.. by the way.. It's base on the perpetual calendar.. ;)

Sorry, bad joke ;)

I will be travelling to China next month via Guangzhou, by then my returned P3 will be "aged" in GZ for just over one and half month.  As every Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons there are two visiting hours for US citizens, I am just wondering if there is any help talking to them to find out the status of our case.

Do you need to schedule an appointment with them?  long lines to wait....etc. Much appreciated if someone can provide some infos on this.

If you go to the website of Guangzhou Consulate,

they have a special time allocated such that USCs

can walk in the Consulate and talk the things over

with the officers...