Want to hear some bullcrap?

My wife has a son, who is in full custody by her ex husband. My wife sent in the information on P-3, including her son. Guz is not at this point going to give the interview date because there is no application for her son. Her son is not applying for a visa, because the father has custody of him. OMG , i'm gonna email Guz and see if I can get them straight.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might consider sending them a fax too.  The fax number is in the FAQ

205206[/snapback]

Ok, here is a good question then. If I send a fax to GUZ from the usa, will there be a huge charge? I dont have a fax machine but there is on at my office. Will I need to call long distance to do it?

Our P3 entry into the computer was delayed because Jiaying left the question blank ("Who of these will come with you to the US?"), rather than specifying "None". They insisted on a new application with the "None" filled in. When the received it (signed for by EMS), it sat at the Swan Hotel for several weeks ("Ity takes time to sort and processed each letter").

This apparently, however, did not delay our interview date. I believe they put you in line based on when they receive the paperwork from NVC.

We also had to fax the GUZ explaining that her son is not being included on the petition. Guz had contacted my SO asking for confirmation. The fax cost us about $6.00 per page at kinkos.

How did you find out that GUZ was not going to schedule an interview until this matter is cleared up? Did they contact your SO?

We also had to fax the GUZ explaining that her son is not being included on the petition.  Guz had contacted my SO asking for confirmation.  The fax cost us about $6.00 per page at kinkos.

How did you find out that GUZ was not going to schedule an interview until this matter is cleared up?  Did they contact your SO?

205209[/snapback]

No , I called DOS and they gave me that information. I just paid for a pin number to call GUZ, so they open from 8 to 5, china time Saturday so I'll give them a call tonight.

We also had to fax the GUZ explaining that her son is not being included on the petition.  Guz had contacted my SO asking for confirmation.  The fax cost us about $6.00 per page at kinkos.

How did you find out that GUZ was not going to schedule an interview until this matter is cleared up?  Did they contact your SO?

205209[/snapback]

No , I called DOS and they gave me that information. I just paid for a pin number to call GUZ, so they open from 8 to 5, china time Saturday so I'll give them a call tonight.

205210[/snapback]

Remember that you're hearing from DOS, not GUZ (so far). The GUZ is more than happy (at least in my experience) to leave that matter open until the interview.

205209[/snapback]

205210[/snapback]

Remember that you're hearing from DOS, not GUZ (so far). The GUZ is more than happy (at least in my experience) to leave that matter open until the interview.

205211[/snapback]

Having read that, I can only bang my head into my desk. I was told no interview was scheduled because of the issue of her son being on the application but there being no app for him. If it was that simple there would have been an interview scheduled. This is a typical bunch of bull crap that always has to happen in just about anything I try to do in my life. There is no easy road, just have to get with GUZ figure it out and hope for the best.

So are they saying your not "eligible for interview"?  Or just that no interview scheduled?

205218[/snapback]

The lady at DOS , her name is B.J. told me, because of the issue with her son not having an app, the they are holding off on scheduling an interview. Whatever that means.

So are they saying your not "eligible for interview"?  Or just that no interview scheduled?

205218[/snapback]

The lady at DOS , her name is B.J. told me, because of the issue with her son not having an app, the they are holding off on scheduling an interview. Whatever that means.

205223[/snapback]

I sure wish they would at least tell me why I havn't been scheduled yet.

My wife has a son, who is in full custody by her ex husband. My wife sent in the information on P-3, including her son. Guz is not at this point going to give the interview date because there is no application for her son. Her son is not applying for a visa, because the father has custody of him. OMG , i'm gonna email Guz and see if I can get them straight.

205205[/snapback]

We had the same EXACT situation happen. I would recommend a fax and possibly a Fed Ex copy of a letter from you stating:

I understand that the answer to question 21a on the DS-230 part 1 for <SO Name>, <GUZ################ is not clear.

As the petitioner, I have discussed this with the beneficiary and the answer to Question 21a. "Person(s) named in 14 and 19 who will accompany you to the United States now" is NONE.

No person(s) named in 14 and 19 will be accompanying the beneficiary to the United States.

Be sure to reference the GUZ number very clearly and identify yourself as the petitioner.

It can take 2-3 weeks before they process the fax, but you need to be ready to resend it if you do not see a change in status within 4 weeks.

Do not add too much else to the fax, you need it to be extremely clear that they need to mark this as NONE.

I know it is agonizing, but if you get too wordy on the letter they may overlook the answer to the question that needs to be resolved.

Good luck.

I just paid for a pin number to call GUZ, so they open from 8 to 5, china time Saturday so I'll give them a call tonight.

The PIN number does not allow you to call GUZ, you speak with a support contractor. I think it is our collective experience that they do not provide anything more than you get for free at the DoS number.

Guest ShaQuaNew
I just paid for a pin number to call GUZ, so they open from 8 to 5, china time Saturday so I'll give them a call tonight.

The PIN number does not allow you to call GUZ, you speak with a support contractor. I think it is our collective experience that they do not provide anything more than you get for free at the DoS number.

205230[/snapback]

I haven't even tried that number after reading some of the negative reports about the information others have said they provide, like incorrect, or outdated. Seems that most members agree that DOS has the information first, and everyone else second....

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

205230[/snapback]

I haven't even tried that number after reading some of the negative reports about the information others have said they provide, like incorrect, or outdated. Seems that most members agree that DOS has the information first, and everyone else second....

205233[/snapback]

ok, Our fax number is (8620) 3884-4412. Faxes are answered in the order received. They are treated with the same priority as mail. Do I need to do 011 86 before the number like when i'm calling my wife in china? they dont exactly make it easy to contact them.