aos prep question

hey everyone... well, haven't given much as far as updates lately, but things are going well. right now, the aos interview is on our table... her interview is next tuesday. i think we got most of the documentation together, but there are a few things i'm uncertain about...

1) the notice says to bring "All documentation establishing your eligibilit for lawful permanent resident status." specifically, what docs are those? (we probably have them... k1 petition approval, k1 visa, i-94s, etc.)

2) it says also to bring "original and copy of each supporting doc submitted with your application"... does this refer to just the AOS application docs? or everything all the way back to our K1 petition application?

thanks

ryan

Your are right.

All NOAs and of course passport with visa & i94.

Copies of everything you submitted for AOS.

Mainly financial stuff and 2005 taxes.

The officer will go through and take inventory.

You will also need things like "joint assets" stuff.

Bank account, utilities ect.

SSC or printout with SSN.

A couple of extra photos.

Other than that, check with David.

Just remember it is your wife's interview and

not your's.

Personal questions will be asked.

A "stress situation" maybe invoked to see how you respond

as a couple.

Also I got the impression we were watched on video as we

waited since the receptionist told us to sit in a certian area,

in the center. Everybody was kind of spread out in the various

waiting areas.

Be Happy :P

Edited by pkfops (see edit history)

thanks guys...

it looks like we got most of it. we have pretty much everything that pkfops mentioned....

we are bringing as much "joint asset" evidence we can find. we have gas bills, joint checking statements, mortgage and title papers, property tax statements, etc. a few things i never got in both our names: electricity bills, internet service, phone service, and others. does that matter?

also, to be honest our mortgage and title papers make my head spin :whistling: :greenblob: ... our names and signatures are on a lot of them... but most of it is just jargon... any advice on which of these type of docs are important to bring???

The guy just ask us if we would like to submit anything

in referance to joint assets. There was nothing specific.

If you have her on your 2005 tax return and your bank accounts

I think that should do it. Can't mess with the IRS.

Utilities, housing, insurance & banking. Keep it simple.

Our guy seemed like he did not want to be overwhelmed with

excess paperwork and photos.

Understanding English in order to answer the "are you a commie"

questions is important.

It would seal the deal if she was pregnant. :whistling:

Edited by pkfops (see edit history)

we are bringing as much "joint asset" evidence we can find. we have gas bills, joint checking statements, mortgage and title papers, property tax statements, etc. a few things i never got in both our names: electricity bills, internet service, phone service, and others. does that matter?

also, to be honest our mortgage and title papers make my head spin  :rolleyes:  :blink: ... our names and signatures are on a lot of them... but most of it is just jargon... any advice on which of these type of docs are important to bring???

205010[/snapback]

Don't worry abot having some things just in your name. The more you have jointly the better - they'll just add it to your file; but no need to worry.

We gave copies of car insurance, life insurance, medical insurance, lease ... and I think that's it. I thought about making copies of credit cards, but then didn't. We also showed her wedding photos, and she made copies. If you had a ceremony, I'd bring pictures of it. When we finished the interview the interviewer told me to submit as much as possible for the removal of conditions application - she specifically mentioned title documents, mortgages, birth certificates for any children. She said that would help us avoid having to go in for another interview.

As far as bringing copies, we brought copies of both our K1 and AOS application documents, but never needed them. They'll have everything you submitted in one big file. If some question did come up about whether we had done something (like the shot supplement for the medical), however, I'm glad I brought the documents. I've seen a post or two where things have gotten lost and they asked.

Edited by NY-Viking (see edit history)