when at interview

One can bring whatever they want to the interview.. it is a different issue whether the VO will ask for it and yet another if they will accept it if they are offered it when they didn't ask for it.

it's hit or miss on the latter issues... not sure what it's proving since I've never seen anyone asked to supply parents IDs.   They usually seem most concerned about your current relationship and possibly past [divorced] ones.

201421[/snapback]

Good news there is, I have never been married before, and I have no children. My wife was married once, but he cheated on her and divorced him 3 years ago. She was divorced for 2 years before we met. Anyway, I saw mention the VO wont know her parents from any old chinese people so I thought if it was certified who her parents were, the VO would be more likey to see that her parents are happy for us and want us to be married. If its not that important, then perhaps we wont need to do the id thing for her parents.

201471[/snapback]

I agree with Mike.. if you want to bring it, I just won't volunteer it for any reason.

I'd be more apt to have verifiable proof of her divorce and location of her 'ex' as a backup in case of any issues they raise about her 'ex'... again, all this is more 'backup' to the unfortunately event of overcome.. you'll want all your ducks in a row so you can deal with it promptly.

But don't take all our remarks as stress starters... preparation for passing and not passing is useful. But the first step is the interview, so focus mostly on that and getting her prepared, comfortable and confident. Best to you two !!

One can bring whatever they want to the interview.. it is a different issue whether the VO will ask for it and yet another if they will accept it if they are offered it when they didn't ask for it.

it's hit or miss on the latter issues... not sure what it's proving since I've never seen anyone asked to supply parents IDs.   They usually seem most concerned about your current relationship and possibly past [divorced] ones.

201421[/snapback]

Good news there is, I have never been married before, and I have no children. My wife was married once, but he cheated on her and divorced him 3 years ago. She was divorced for 2 years before we met. Anyway, I saw mention the VO wont know her parents from any old chinese people so I thought if it was certified who her parents were, the VO would be more likey to see that her parents are happy for us and want us to be married. If its not that important, then perhaps we wont need to do the id thing for her parents.

201471[/snapback]

I agree with Mike.. if you want to bring it, I just won't volunteer it for any reason.

I'd be more apt to have verifiable proof of her divorce and location of her 'ex' as a backup in case of any issues they raise about her 'ex'... again, all this is more 'backup' to the unfortunately event of overcome.. you'll want all your ducks in a row so you can deal with it promptly.

But don't take all our remarks as stress starters... preparation for passing and not passing is useful. But the first step is the interview, so focus mostly on that and getting her prepared, comfortable and confident. Best to you two !!

201525[/snapback]

Thank you guys.