I just saved a bunch on my insurance

No luck here in Massachusetts.  My car insurance went up from $900 to $1700 a year when I added my wife's name on the policy.  In order to get a discount, she must have 6 years of driving with clean record.  I have been telling her to obey the rules (like stopping at stop sign and stop before making right on red).

200824[/snapback]

That's a big increase ...

What insurance company do you use?

200828[/snapback]

I use Commerce Ins. It really doesn't matter because Massachusetts is the only state that regulates car insurance. The rate is about the same for all car insurances.

200844[/snapback]

Interesting .... I'll have to remember not to move there until my wife has 6 years of driving then ...

I dread the day my lao po gets her license! :(

A friend of ours has a new Corvette and when his lao po got her license, he bought her a year old Mazda 3. He was paying $2700 a year.

With a first time driver on his policy he now pays

are you ready???

SEVEN THOUSAND A YEAR!!!!!!! :o  :o  :o  :(  :o  :o  :alldone:

201087[/snapback]

:D :o Ouch.

Ours went up about 80 dollars a month when I put Bing on. I dropped the collision on my 99 pick up o get the rates back down to about what they were before. The agent told me that after a year they will take off the new driver clause.

It's interesting how much this seems to vary. I wonder if the fact that I told them my wife did have a license in China affected anything. I was really surprised when she told me we were getting a refund.

I should note that we have the basic minimum coverage, no collision, theft, etc., and that my car is an old piece of crap. I know some of you are older, but it probably also helps that we're both 32 (over 25 ...).

Still, interesting that some people's policies have shot up, and others have stayed the same or even gone down some. Again, we're in MN and use Progressive.