Chinese Ring Ceremony

Can anyone tell me about a Chinese Ring Ceremony? I am told this is a custom for those of us with a K1 visa who wish to honor there friends and family before leaving China. I am planning on returning in June and would like to gather some info on this before returning. I asked my SO about this, But she had not heard of this before. Any help would be apprieciated.

Thanks Van

Guest pushbrk
Can anyone tell me about a Chinese Ring Ceremony?  I am told this is a custom for those of us with a K1 visa who wish to honor there friends and family before leaving China. I am planning on returning in June and would like to gather some info on this before returning. I asked my SO about this, But she had not heard of this before. Any help would be apprieciated.

Thanks  Van

200613[/snapback]

I'm sure others can tell you about the ceremony but if your SO hasn't heard of it, perhaps it would not be the best way to honor her and her family. Perhaps an engagement banquet or other celebration she could suggest would serve the purpose better in this instance.

We are planning to have a dinner for maybe 150 people ... after we get the visa.

To the assembled multitude it will be just like we are married. Much face will be gained. Then it's off to America and the "real" marriage.

In our hearts -- and that's what really counts -- we have been married for more than a year now.

:wub: