interview question

HI, everyone: I have a question about interview. If american peptitioner paid the immigration visa fee ($380), does the chinese applicant need to show the receipt when they go for the interview? as i recall, after I (I am the petitioner) paid the IV fee bill, I got P3, and I did not get receipt from DOS, however I saved the customer receipt from the Post office when I was in a post office mailing the fee. I sent a copy of this post office customer receipt to them (just a copy, not the original one, because I think I should keep the original customer receipt), But if the chinese applicant does not need to show them the receipt, how can they know if the petitioner (or chinese applicant) paid $380 or $335 (as I know the old fee was $335),

Thanks,

Do they think that a CR1 visa applicant would be sitting in front of them for an interview if the visa bill wasn't paid?

Good point about the receipt. Give a copy of the certified check or money order to your wife along with the receipt from St. Louis saying they received it in the mail.

They won't mail the ds-230 until they get paid.

Edited by Mengxin (see edit history)
Do they think that a CR1 visa applicant would be sitting in front of them for an interview if the visa bill wasn't paid?

Good point about the receipt. Give a copy of the certified check or money order to your wife along with the receipt from St. Louis saying they received it in the mail.

197897[/snapback]

<_< Slightly confused (again!!!)...

We sent the P3 information they requested upfront. The ds-230 part I was part of that information. So when you say they won't mail the ds-230 without getting paid you mean they have to send it somewhere else to be processed?

I've paid nothing so far, we are waiting for our P4 and interview date. Should I (or could I) be paying something now? Or wait yet? Are they looking for RMB or USD?

How long should I hold out after sending in the requested P3 information on collecting the financial information and I-134 stuff?

Thanks,

Rick

197897[/snapback]

<_< Slightly confused (again!!!)...

We sent the P3 information they requested upfront. The ds-230 part I was part of that information. So when you say they won't mail the ds-230 without getting paid you mean they have to send it somewhere else to be processed?

I've paid nothing so far, we are waiting for our P4 and interview date. Should I (or could I) be paying something now? Or wait yet? Are they looking for RMB or USD?

How long should I hold out after sending in the requested P3 information on collecting the financial information and I-134 stuff?

Thanks,

Rick

198130[/snapback]

You are a K1.. the original post and answers were in regards to a CR1.

If you have sent back your P3 documents, then I would wait a few months and send prior to the P4.

Once your SO gets the P4, then the medical exam, visa fee is paid... and at the interview a biometric and afterwards a pickup fee...